Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rad sleeve patch in silver

Article about: A nice Rad sleeve patch embroidered in silver thread and maker marked Gunther & Windrath... G

?

Default Rad sleeve patch in silver

A nice Rad sleeve patch embroidered in silver thread and maker marked Gunther & Windrath... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad sleeve patch in silver   Rad sleeve patch in silver  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rad sleeve patch in silver
    P
    Many

very nice in good cond.

?

Don't know a thing about RAD but that must be a very nice one. Not normally seen in bullion embroidery. Maybe the RAD equivalent of officers insignia.
    Nice looking.

?

SteveR, Yes I believe officer grade..

Aluminum sleeve spades were worn by the RAD-Führer [lit. "RAD leaders", i.e. the RAD's officer equivalents].

A sleeve spade with a red capital "M" was worn by personnel of the RAD's Hauptmeldeämter and Meldeämter [Main Recruiting Offices and Recruiting Offices].

(Angolia nonsensically misspells and mistranslates these terms as "Hauptmeldebeämter" and "Meldebeämter", which he claims to mean "Main Communications Department" and "Communications personnel", respectively.)

By the way: Isn't this patch woven in metallic thread rather than bullion embroidered?

?

HPL2008, Yes metallic thread... And Thanks for the background on this particular patch.. You are a "Wealth" of information... And I think that is a understatement....Thanks.....Gwar

?

Great patch G, and fantastic information from HPL2008. Here is my one and only, bought to match the name/group inside a belt for a RAD buckle

Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad sleeve patch in silver