Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

RADwJ badge w/ pinback

Article about: I just got this for a good deal from a Rumanien friend of mine. Says RADwJ on the front and have never seen this before. Any info is appreciated.

?

Default RADwJ badge w/ pinback

I just got this for a good deal from a Rumanien friend of mine. Says RADwJ on the front and have never seen this before. Any info is appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RADwJ badge w/ pinback   RADwJ badge w/ pinback  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RADwJ badge w/ pinback
    P
    Many

Default Re: RADwJ badge w/ pinback

Dean

It's a war helper's badge, Kriegshilfsabzeichen. Don't know if it's authentic or not. Some have been posted before.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Dean and Green - it's a R.A.D. 'Weibliche Jugend' badge. Young women
    of the National Labour Service wore these - likely working the fields,
    preparing food, milking cows and possibly munitions plants.

Mine came as a group from the same person with
    two other medals.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RADwJ badge w/ pinback   RADwJ badge w/ pinback  

RADwJ badge w/ pinback  
    Regards,

Steve.

The hardware is different on your example Steve. Must have been a few makers of this badge

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Yes, and like Dean's, mine is completely unmarked. I've seen
    a few of these for sale at around $45.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

thanks bro! you have always been a wealth of knowledge.

?

Very old thread and one that needs an update, Yes it is Reichsarbeitsdienst der weibliche Jugend (Labor Service of the Reich for the Female Youth / German Third Reich) related but it goes much further, the badge presented at the start of this thread is for the 'KHD"
    This badge was worn by young women serving in the RADwJ's Kriegshilfsdienst (KHD), a half-year extension of labor service duty proper that was spent working in some capacity that directly or indirectly contributed to the war effort. (For example with public health/welfare services, the armaments industry, public transportation and communication, clerical work for the armed forces etc.)

The badge was typically worn on civilian clothing or - if applicable - the specific duty clothing/uniform that went with that occupation, for example, in case of the railways or postal service. I hope this clears up some confusion.. G

RADwJ badge w/ pinback   RADwJ badge w/ pinback  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "