Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare NSDAP "Kreisgericht" cuff title?

Article about: I stumbled across this cuff title but I can't seem to find any real information on these besides it's supposedly a "Kreis court staff" cuff title. The reverse of cuff title is the

Default Rare NSDAP "Kreisgericht" cuff title?

I stumbled across this cuff title but I can't seem to find any real information on these besides it's supposedly a "Kreis court staff" cuff title. The reverse of cuff title is the same pattern as seen on many of the SS cuff titles but the front of the title is of a style I haven't seen before. The front looks like something you would see on a fake to me but the back of the cuff looks original.

Any one got any info on these?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare NSDAP "Kreisgericht" cuff title?
    P
    Many

?

Hello

another one from "german daggers"

cordially
    Didier

RSW
    ?

While I can not comment on the originality of the pieces shown so far, NSDAP Courts were party courts that "acted as mechanisms maintaining party discipline, for dealing with intra-party conflicts and as instruments for cleaning up the party from racially and politically undesirable and unreasonable members. They emerged from the 'Kampfzeit' investigation and arbitration committees, which were independent of the ordinary jurisdiction, but based on their procedural structure."

"In the party hierarchy, they were adapted to political organization in the form of local [Ortsgerichten], district [Kreisgerichten] and Gaugerichten [highest level party] courts." So a Kreisgericht was a party district court.

Source (in German): Landesarchiv Baden-Wurttemberg, Abt. Staatsarchiv Ludwigsburg - Findbuch PL 503/8: NSDAP-Kreisgericht Ehingen - Einfuhrung

It would be interesting to see some of these cuff bands period photographed in wear.

RSW
    ?

Some conflicting information was located on the Uniforms of the NSDAP web site, which indicates the levels of party courts were district, Gau and Reichs levels (no mention of any Orts or local level party courts). A search of their web site reveals several examples of district, Gau & Reichs level party court cuff bands (also collar tabs & more):

Search - party court

And a particularly detailed explanation of the entire party court system accompanies this example of an Oberstes Parteigericht (Highest Party Court) cuff band described as being worn by Reich leaders of the Party Court:

Head Party Court Cuff Title

@Bichon indeed, I did see that on there. When I find a cuff title or armband I am interested in purchasing or find one i've never seen before, I will usually reference the German Daggers galleries. They have a TON of rare cuff titles & armbands which is amazing that they have been able to photograph & catalogue all of those. While I believe German Daggers is a good source, I have seen at least 1 error. There's probably a few more that someone more knowledgeable than I could spot but it's still a great reference site!

@RSW, thank you for the detailed reply! A lot of useful information there. I am sure these cuff titles existed as there was a cuff title and armband for just about everything in Nazi Germany it seems.

As far as originality of the specific example above, I sure hope it's legit because if it's not, that means fakers have successfully replicated the design on the reverse of the cuff title (the part on the back between the top & bottom borders that looks like interconnected Z's) that is often seen on SS cuff titles. I have regarded that detail as a hallmark of an original simply because it's a complex design & I have never seen that on a repro before.

Some further information for you on the cuffbands… Wim Saris saw the post and emailed me to ask if would share the following information with you. Message as follows...

Such cuffbands were mentioned in memo (Rundschreiben) 14 from July 18th, 1939 from the Gauwaltung Franken from the Deutsche Arbeitsfront about Anordnung Nr. 2/39 des Reichsorganisationleiters, Robert Ley. The announcement had four pages, the justice cuffbands were on pages 2 and 3.

With section B, Kreisleitung 111: a cuffband was mentioned as "die richterlich tatigen Parteigenossen tragen Pol. Leiter-Uniform. Auf dem linken Armelaufschlag wird ein brauner Armelstreifen mit der Bezeichnung "Kreisgericht angelegt". With section C, Gauleitung 111, the same is said, but then the inscription was "Gaugericht".
    With section D, Reichsleitung 111, the same but then with the inscription "Oberstes Parteigericht".

I do not discuss the originality of the cuffbands. They are very hard to find.

Best regards,
    Wim Saris.

I currently have one of these on my website which came with a note from a veteran sending it home. However he described it as a hat band.

Kreisgericht Party Court Cuff Title w/ Veteran Note

?

All of the cuff titles shown here are beautiful originals!

@Harry The Mole, the cuff bands are indeed original....

I too did several tours back in the day....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast