Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A Rare Political Uniform

Article about: great history

Default A Rare Political Uniform

This uniform is for a lower ranking official at the Fuhrer Reichslager fur Beamten at Bad Tolz. This school was for training NSDAP political leaders. The uniform came out of the collection of the late Ed Stadnicki. He obtained it from a picker on the East Coast of the USA who was an appliance repair man and consequently got in to private homes in the 1960's when much of this material was readily available from vets. When Ed passed away, several individuals bought items out of the collection and then the widow sent the balance to Mohawk Arms for auction. Ed never marked what went together, so the uniform was split up. The tunic and the mantel went to one buyer from whom I obtained it. There were six sets of brown political breeches that were sold seperately and individually. I bought all the breeches and matched four sets with tunics I bought. When I obtained the tunic and mantel, I discovered that one of the breeches I had bought were exactly the same material and dye lot. What was great was the breeches had a name tag, Hardi Walletzkowski. I was able to get an eleven page dossier on this man which included a grainy picture of him. He was born and lived in Berlin Spandau. He was an accountant and joined the NSDAP in 1932 and SA in 1933 as a Scharfuhrer. He was elevated in rank to Oberscharfuhrer. He worked as an accountant for the SA at headquarters of the OSAF in Munich. In 1937, we assigned to Reichslager fur Beamten at Bad Tolz. He was there until 1940, when his file indicates he was judged insane and his party membership revoked. I have always wondered what that really meant.
    Talking to an old time collector who came from the area this picker did, I found out he had seen this uniform in the 1960's at the man's house and he told me that there was a bergmutze style cap with the uniform. I found the cap on Bill Shea's site and reunited the uniform together. i have only added the belt, brown shirt and tie. I do not know of any other examples of this uniform presently in a collection. Please enjoy. The tunic and mantel have an ink property stamp inside which I will not share as there is no reason to educate the fakers.
    Of interest to me is that the cap does not bear a political eagle but a smaller version of the civil eagle. I wonder if this is because this facility was a branch of the governement or if the wrong eagle was applied.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Rare Political Uniform   A Rare Political Uniform  

A Rare Political Uniform   A Rare Political Uniform  

A Rare Political Uniform  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Rare Political Uniform
    P
    Many

Default Re: A Rare Political Uniform

The mantel, bergmutze and a picture of Walletzkowski from his dossier. Note the shoulder straps on the tunic and mantel are identical to those worn by Ordensburg Junkers.A Rare Political UniformA Rare Political UniformA Rare Political UniformA Rare Political UniformA Rare Political Uniform
    BOB

It never ceases to amaze me the myriad of Third Reich branches of service. I have never seen anything like this let alone the cuff title which is astounding. The collar tabs I never seen. this is Rare of the Rare..thanks for posting Bob
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Bob, probably my fave NSDAP uniform in your collection....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Really nice friend.

?

This group and it's history is outstanding and your research is remarkable.

Just excellent.

Little is known about the short-lived Reichslager für Beamte [National Camp for Officials], shut down at the end of 1939 "for the duration of the war".

Apart from the facility in Bad Tölz (opened in 1937/1938), there was another Reichslager für Beamte at Tutzing. As the name implies, these were actually not schools for political leaders but for civilian officials, who underwent political/ideological indoctrination during short courses, participation in which was compulsory.

The cuff-title "Stellv. d. Führers Reichslager" is often misinterpreted as identifying the deputy of the camp's leader; the text actually stems from the fact that the Reichslager was under the authority of the Stellvertreter des Führers [i.e. Rudolf Heß].

See here for a document of interest...:
    http://www.fritzberkner.de/wp-conten...thalt_1938.pdf
    ...Page 2 shows a call-up notice for a postal official for a 1938 course at the Reichslager.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 06-30-2013 at 07:05 PM.

WOW, the Third Reich even had there(right wing) version of a "diverstity" trainer! Ha Ha Joking aside,this is one really interesting uniform that I to have never seen or heard of before.Well done on re-uniting this set. Leon.

Marvelous material from a great collector.

Great information!. I never realized this organization was so short lived. This explains why this man's uniform was found intact. As he was dismissed from the NSDAP in 1940, the Reichslager was already closed and he evidently returned to his job with the SA and the uniform was stored in a closet.
    BOB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast