Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Real or fake armband

Article about: by jimm Apparently the one i pictured above is authentic but very early. I Always go by the German armband guide by germandaggers.com as it is a great source for comparison , you will see th

Default Re: Real or fake armband?

Sorry, its just how I was raised. Oh, and trust me I'm sure I have just as much, if not more to learn as you. Happy collecting!

*Infact, HPL taugh me recently that early black allgemeine NCO tunics were piped with white piping. Thanks again for that btw.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 06-15-2013 at 05:35 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake armband
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real or fake armband?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    If the armband would be a good one, here some information about armbands with stripes:

According to "Das Dienstbuch der NSDAP (Hitlerbewegung) Österreich", dated March 1, 1932
    the brassard with two stripes is for the rank/function of Gau-Geschäftsführer, Gau-Amtswalter or
    Amtswalter der Landesleitung when there is no Rosette included upon the middle of the swastika.
    The stripes should have a width of 1.0 cm.
    During the course of 1932 new insignia were introduced and the brassard with the various stripes were cancelled.
    In the new regulations this type of brassard was no longer mentioned!

For the good order: Ortsgruppenleiter did wear a brassard with one 0.5 cm wide middle stripe. No Rosette.

For those interested here is the complete list:
    Members for the Reichsleitung: 3 silver stripes with a width of 1.0 cm. No Rosette.
    PS: It is practically sure this type of brassard was in Germany also in use by the Reichsinspekteur and persons such as
    Geschäftsführer and Amtsleiter;

Landesleiter: 2 silver stripes with a width of 1.0 cm and 1 silver stripe of 0.5 cm. Rosette included, positioned upon the middle
    of the swastika legs
    Landesgeschäftsführer: ibid, but no Rosette
    Amtsleiter der Landesleitung: ibid
    PS. In Germany this level did not exist. It is practically sure this type of brassard was in Germany also in use by: Landesinspekteur;

Gauleiter: 2 silver stripes with a width of 1.0 cm. Rosette included.
    Gau-Geschäftsführer: ibid, but no Rosette
    Gau-Amtswalter: ibid
    Amtswalter (der Landesleitung): ibid;

Bezirksleiter: 1 silver stripe with a widt of 1.0 cm. Rosette included
    Bezirks-Geschäftsführer: ibid, but no Rosette
    Bezirks-Amtsleiter : ibid
    Gau-Amtswalter : ibid
    PS: In Germany a Bezirk was known as Kreis;

Ortsgruppenleiter: 1 silver stripe with a width of 0.5 cm. Rosette included
    Bezirks-Amtswalter: ibid, no Rosette included
    Bezirks-Geschäftsführer-Kassenwart: ibid
    Ortsgruppen-Schriftwart : ibid
    Ortsgruppen-Propagandawart: ibid
    Stützpunktleiter: ibid
    Zellenleiter, politisch: ibid

Abgeordneter des Reichstages, Nationalrat, Bundesrat or Landtag: 2 golden stripes with a width of 1.0 cm. No Rosette included
    Fraktionsführer: ibid, but with Rosette;

Gemeinderäte und Mitglieder von Gemeindenvorständen 1 golden stripe with a width of 1.0 cm. No Rosette included
    Franktionsführer: ibid, but with Rosette.

Hope it helps in the future with identifying armbands with stripes and rosettes. So, it is pure political with a function!
    Thank you for an excellent and informative post of great merit.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    I must admit this information was to be found for quite a while at the HJ-forum (since September 17, 2012).
    There I also showed some drawings from the Dienstbuch from Austria, as well as a part of text, related to the SA-reserve armband.

What kind of armband is this? - Hitler Youth Forum - Page 2

Maybe the link does not work, but have a look at the thread: What kind of armband is this?
    started by Holzwurm on September 12, 2012.
    I fixed that link cos yours had ".htmlt" at the end. Like the others, thanks for the information.

?

The Armband if it was original is an NSDAP leader - Early style Kreis level armband. But the stripes are way too close together , however the swastika looks like it's multi construction which would be correct for this early style of armband.

Jimm this thread is a year old, I think the armband may have passed .

Quote by jimm View Post
    The Armband if it was original is an NSDAP leader - Early style Kreis level armband. But the stripes are way too close together , however the swastika looks like it's multi construction which would be correct for this early style of armband.
    All the fake examples of these early armbands from ca.32'-35', I think, which I've encountered are produced with multi-piece construction. What separates them from the originals is the roundel is much too small and the white stripes are done with a inaccurate weave. There are several other signs of a forgery but I will not elaborate as it will only help the fakers. Authentic examples are über rare and to date I've yet seen a copy that even comes close to a real one.
    Anyways, there's no way the above armband is authentic and I hope the O.P passed on it.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 06-11-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Armband is a total fake. Years ago, these were sold on Ebay from numerous sellers. Don't glow and are fairly well made. They pop up several times a year on the Forum and never a one is good. In my many years of collecting, I have only ever encountered one genuine example.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Brett View Post
    The photo alone would be incentive to pass on these items, everything artistically
    arranged on what appears to be the end of an ironing board.

Regards
    Brett
    Lol - with the potential "good stuff" way in back.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Armband is a total fake. Years ago, these were sold on Ebay from numerous sellers. Don't glow and are fairly well made. They pop up several times a year on the Forum and never a one is good. In my many years of collecting, I have only ever encountered one genuine example.
    The voice of authority.
    May I ask why this item is even in the SS section at all?

Quite possibly because of Wikipedia. When I first discovered these fakes, prior to joining these fora, the only information I could find about them was under early SS uniforms 1925-1928 in this link below. They incorrectly, I think, state that these armbands are part of the early SS uniform.
    Uniforms and insignia of the Schutzstaffel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A excerpt from the Wikipedia page;
    "The early rank system of 1926 consisted of a swastika armband worn with white stripes, with the number of stripes determining the rank of the bearer. Thus, the very first SS rank system was as follows:
    Reichsführer ("national leader"): three stripes
    Gauführer ("district leader"): two stripes
    Staffelführer ("squadron leader"): one stripe
    Mann ("trooper"): no stripes" - Wikipedia.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast