Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Real or fake armband

Article about: by jimm Apparently the one i pictured above is authentic but very early. I Always go by the German armband guide by germandaggers.com as it is a great source for comparison , you will see th

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The voice of authority.
    May I ask why this item is even in the SS section at all?
    Good friend-
    Thank you for the compliment. I have moved this thread out of the SS section to the Non combat Uniforms and Insignia Forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake armband
    P
    Many

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Good friend-
    Thank you for the compliment. I have moved this thread out of the SS section to the Non combat Uniforms and Insignia Forum.
    Thank you, Bob, for all your hard work here and your decades of wisdom which are always sorely needed on a daily basis.

I have not ever found any note about these armbands being for the SS.
    In early letters they are not mentioned. The period mentioned with the
    Wikipedia-note is too early.
    Maybe mr. d'Alquen can shed some light here. Most armbands of this type,
    I have seen, were fakes, but who has an original from which one can be for
    100% sure it is!

Here is shown the page with text and armbands as mentioned in:
    "Das Dienstbuch der NSDAP (Hitlerbewegung) Österreich", dated March
    1, 1932 (see one of the earliest posts for this thread - post 16):

Real or fake armband

What a pleasure to have Wim Saris instruct us, and woe be to the person who relies simply on Wikipedia to puzzle out the mysteries and enigmas of Nazi regalia. Pfui.
    Wim reminds us of the value of the sources, themselves, which he knows very well and shares with us in a spirit that embodies the categorical imperative.
    The person who puts ease in the search for knowledge before diligence is a person who is doomed to be an unsuccessful collector and a threat to himself and others.

?

This is a similar but original early example below , i thought the armband in question was trying to mimic this one , but it is way off.

Real or fake armband

Sadly not everyone has access to period documentation, especially when starting out in their teens in the U.S. We all have to start somewhere and sometimes that means being feed the bad before we can discover the truth.
    We are indeed very lucky, however, to have kind members here such as Mr. Wim who're willing to share such period documentation they've spent countless hours unearthing so that we aren't completely lost in all this. Again, thank you Mr. Wim for the above post.
    Jimm, is there any proof such as direct vet providence that the example you posted is authentic? Thanks.

Jimm, is there any proof such as direct vet providence that the example you posted is authentic?
    It looks as the stripes are not in the correct position. The middle red field should be not that wide.
    Was there ever a rosette in the middle for the swastika?

?

Apparently the one i pictured above according to the site is authentic but early. I do look at the armband guide by germandaggers.com as it seems to be a fairly good source for comparison , you will see this armband and other Armband examples on the link below.
    Armband Identification Gallery
    Last edited by jimm; 06-11-2014 at 11:28 PM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    and a threat to himself and others.
    Don't understand that bit. But The rest sounds about right though.

Quote by jimm View Post
    Apparently the one i pictured above is authentic but very early. I Always go by the German armband guide by germandaggers.com as it is a great source for comparison , you will see this armband and other nice examples on the link below.
    Armband Identification Gallery
    I had a look. See my image from an original regulation from March 1, 1932 and you will see all with the stripes are identified
    not correctly!
    3 stripes and 2 1/2 is Reichsleitung in German terms;
    2 stripes is Gau;
    1 stripe is Kreis;
    1/2 stripe is Orts-level

I would like to see the armbands described in original orders from 1925/1926 that do show or mention a stripe system.
    Remind there were not such things as orders for political leaders, as in the earliest stages only the SA existed. Since 1926
    the ranking or function structure was visible by pips upon the collar-patches. This is states in various SA-orders, known
    as SA-Befehl (November 11, 1926 and November 12, 1926). The political system was not introduced before 1930. In fact
    a first design regulation dates back from July 15, 1932; Entwurf der Dienst-Vorschrift der Politische Organisation.
    Since about 1931 things were better structured for political leaders and it was needed to publish announcements in the
    Verordnungsblatt der Reichsleitung der NSDAP. The first issues dates back from June 1, 1931.

Real or fake armband

The armbands earlier then 1925/1926 had a number over the middle of the swastika and according to rank a star positioned.
    One star. This is always a leader of a company.

Real or fake armband

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast