Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Real Or Fake: Eilbote armband

Article about: This is my first post on this forum ^^ I have this Eilbote armband and wonder about if you beleve it to be Genuine or fake, and allso some info on what it was used for. i Belive it could be

Default Real Or Fake: Eilbote armband

This is my first post on this forum ^^

I have this Eilbote armband and wonder about if you beleve it to be Genuine or fake, and allso some info on what it was used for.

i Belive it could be genuine, if you look at the staining its not evenly stained by the seams, like if it was laying around on something and not intentually stained, and the seams looks handsawn.

Allso, i wonder if there is any value on an original Bz39 handle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real Or Fake: Eilbote armband   Real Or Fake: Eilbote armband  

Attached Images Attached Images Real Or Fake: Eilbote armband 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real Or Fake: Eilbote armband
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real Or Fake

Hi mate,not sure this is in the right section. I would move it,but not sure which section Admin would like it in. I'm sure they'll sort it for you. That way you'll get more response & better info.
    Stewy S

Sorry, dont want to upset the admin, how do i moove it?

It's ok,don't worry you won't get in trouble mate. They'll be along soon. I would move it,but i wouldn't know the best place for it. Here it may be missed by the guys who know their stuff in this field. Stewy S

Default Re: Real Or Fake: Eilbote armband

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I have moved your post to here.

After doing a search, as I had never heard of the term, "Eilbote" seems to have been a courier service? I think this would fit with the rather stylised shape of the wording on the armband with the arrows etc. I am really very very wary of any Jewish related armbands. 99.9% are modern fake or fantasy products. My feeling is the armband itself might just be original but the ink stamps and Star of David being added to change it into something different. To be honest, I don't see such a thing exisiting during the Third Reich. The heavy ageing and soiling is typical for most fake armbands of this nature.

The stick grenade handle does have a value, but I cannot advise on the price.

Cheers, Ade.

From what i have herd these was used by the Ghettopolice couriers and as you said they used the traditional armband used by the ordenary germans and handsewed the star od david (It is 100% handembrodierd, not by machine) though Eilbote is done by machine. Do they go to these length to hand sew on fakes, would it not be easier to do by machine or with a stamp?

The hand sewing is sadly no guarantee of originality. There is quite a cottage industry in making fakes and all manner of construction methods can be observed.

Cheers, Ade.

I have to agree with Ade....the blue Star of David is the biggest no-no, I think.
    I would lean towards reproduction, I'm afraid.
    Rob

Haha... i have the explenation.
    The fabric is genuin ww2 from a potsack, the one faking this one read it wrong Eibote (Jewih), not eilbote (Postoffice) and put the davidtar on it to make a fat buck. It so funny im gonna keep it ^^