Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recommended 1st book for Tinnies??

Article about: Well I finally found both Vol's of Reichard Tieste 2006 ed of his book's,"Tagungs-Ungs-Verahstaltaltungs-Abzeichen 1930-1945".At the Greenburg,Pa.,Max Show WWII book vender,Lance F

Question Recommended 1st book for Tinnies??

OK, I hope you guys are happy, you keep steering me to collecting items I had never considered!!
    So.........What is your recommendation for which book on TR tinnies I should get first?? I know a price guide book would be quickly out of date, but I would at least like to know the main areas to look for to avoid fakes givn that there are SO MANY types of tinnies. Thanks, Bill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recommended 1st book for Tinnies??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Recommended 1st book for Tinnies??

Hello,

Reinhard Tieste has a catalog on tinnies, day/event badges that seems to be the standard that a lot of collectors use. I believe the latest is a 5th edition hardcover from 2006 that catalogs some 12,500 tinnies and costs 100 euros. Hope that helps!

Best,
    Adam

Try Collectors Guide to Tinnies of the Third Reich. In 4 volumes by Manions with some prices. Although they are out of date, it gives you an idea of the rarer and more desirable Tinnies.

Personally, after comparing my 4 Manions volumes to my Tieste volumes, there is no comparison. You can also get both volumes now for 70 euros. They are the standard reference work on tinnies, as are his books on WHW related items.

Can anyone? help me? locate? & purchase?,in U.S.A. $dollar's$? And not in Euro's.Here in the U.S.A.?Or anywhere else? The 2 Vol set,[2006 ed] of the author,Reichard Tieste Tagungs-und Veranstaltungsabzeichen 1930-1945 band 2 A-K & Tagungs-und Veranstaltungsabzeichen 1930-1945 band 2 K-Z Germen language,day badges/tinnies book's.I would deeply appreciate.Anyone here.Who can help me secure & purchase.These 2 vital reference guide,day badges/tinnies 2 Vol set said book's.Do please contact me back.At my home yahoo e-mail site,buddylevis@ymail.com 8/16/2012

Have a look on Winterhilfswerk.com.Chrys and Joe are in the US.
    'Winterhilfswerk Street/House Collections & More...A Collector's Guide'.
    May be what your looking for.
    Cheers
    Dave

No go Tasmania I just logged on this Winterhilfswerk.com site And all they had.Was just only W.H.W.donation Winterhilfswerwerk photo's & reference book's.Just only on the W.H.W. donation's day badges

If you are looking for a book on non WHW tinnies Tieste has the best book on the market place. He is working on a new edition I was told...so the dilemma is to buy the current edition or wait for the new one.

No surprise that we only had WHW items...our website is Winterhilfswerk.com after all!

All the best,
    Chrys Alexander

Chrys,I was given your address by Thantos.So I logged on your site.Suspecting by your internet site's name.That you only had & dealt with only.The many W.H.W.winter donation,day badge's/tinnies.As you told me.And yes,I do know. That Reichard Tieste 2 Vol's, Tagungs-und Veranstaltungsabzeichen 1930-1945 A to K & K to Z day badges/tinnies Are the one's I am in dire need of finding & purchasing.But I only see the euro price's on them.And European dealer that have supposely these said book's for sell.And I was hoping against hopeless.That I could possible find a U.S.A. Third Reich dealer.That had these said 2 Vol's for sell here in the U.S.A.For U.SA.$Dollar's$. And like you just informed Me.That Reichard Tieste is suppously working on a more current edition.But I just now startede searching for these said 2 Vol's.So maybe by the time I find them.He will have his new edition out.

You might be able to find it on eBay...but I think that most US dealers don't carry it because of the cost and fringe nature of tinnie collecting. I do see them at militaria shows here and there.

We have thought about trying to do a book like this but it just isn't feasible. With nearly 20,000+ tinnies it just would not be financially viable in my opinion.

Good luck with you search!

Chrys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast