Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

regarding insignia on NSDAP tunic

Article about: I have a party tunic that was part of the collection of Lt. Wm. Frank Lambeth, A company 81st Chemical Mortar Battalion. I have the collection on this site under the collections section. I n

Default regarding insignia on NSDAP tunic

I have a party tunic that was part of the collection of Lt. Wm. Frank Lambeth, A company 81st Chemical Mortar Battalion. I have the collection on this site under the collections section. I need information on this tunic so I thought I would post it here also. I hope that is alright. Tunic is made in Saarbrucken and has a name A Dolwet or Dolwot and the place, Merzig. The 81st was stationed in Merzig so I am sure this is where Lambeth got the tunic. My question is: Is there a way to find out what rank this tunic was so that I can replace the insignia and medals? It would be even more interesting if information could be found on the individual but I won't hope for too much. There are loops above the pocket, on the pocket, and below the pocket. There is no piping on the collar.
    thanks
    Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture regarding insignia on NSDAP tunic   regarding insignia on NSDAP tunic  

regarding insignia on NSDAP tunic   regarding insignia on NSDAP tunic  

regarding insignia on NSDAP tunic   regarding insignia on NSDAP tunic  

regarding insignia on NSDAP tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement regarding insignia on NSDAP tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: regarding insignia on NSDAP tunic

Presently, you have a stripped political leader tunic. The collar piping and collar tabs are missing. Without those items, one can not determine if the kampfbinde you have is appropriate or not. You could utilize the services of one of the researchers who have access to the NSDAP files in Washington D.C. to gain the correct information
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi Bob,
    Thank you for your reply. Out of curiosity, I knew the collar tabs were gone but I couldn't even tell that there had ever been piping, do you know there was piping by the look of the collar or is there some other indicator. How do I get in contact with one of these people in Washington?
    thanks
    Sam

Sam-
    In rare cases, there is photographic evidence of collar piping not being worn. This appears to have been most common in the area of Alsace. Lately, I have used Michael Constandy of Westmoreland Research. Mike can be reached at mjc@westmorelandresearch.org. I believe Mike is presently in Europe. Let him know I sent you.
    BOB

Thanks Bob,
    Merzig is on the point near Luxembourg and Alsace & Lorraine so I guess it is possible that it does not have the piping. Is it unusual if it doesn't? I know you said it is rare for photographic evidence. I will contact Michael about the research in Washington. How much will that cost?
    Again thanks for the information
    Sam

Cost will vary depending on the amount of time Mike expends.
    BOB

Mikes just done a full research on an SS officer for me. I can highly recommend his work. Breath taking