Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichsbahn or Bahnpolizei button?

Article about: I got this button in a lot of medal bars lately, and I believe it's a Reichsbahn or Bahnpolizei tunic button. Is there some way to tell the difference between the two? It measures a bit over

?

Default Reichsbahn or Bahnpolizei button?

I got this button in a lot of medal bars lately, and I believe it's a Reichsbahn or Bahnpolizei tunic button. Is there some way to tell the difference between the two? It measures a bit over 20 mm in diameter. Thanks in advance for the help!

Reichsbahn or Bahnpolizei button?Reichsbahn or Bahnpolizei button?

Sorry about the bad photos; it's dark here and I can't find any good light at the moment.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahn or Bahnpolizei button?
    P
    Many

None of the above.

Neither the Reichsbahn nor the Bahnschutz/Bahnpolizei/Bahnschutzpolizei used eagle buttons; they had plain buttons (basically, gold for ralways and silver for the railway police services).

I will others to comment on what exactly this button is.

HPL, sorry I have to correct you. Eagle buttons were in use by Reichsbahn for
    the great-coat (see image from an Assmann-catalogue). I thought they came
    into being in early war, so about 1941. Have no time to check it as such!

Reichsbahn or Bahnpolizei button?

I was wholly unaware of that.

I stand corrected!

I know that many are not aware of this.
    I had to check this a while ago for a forum-member, who asked me the same question by
    a private mail, and so it got my attention. After 40 years or more dedicated to TR research
    for me it is obvious we really do not know so much of all what has happened in those years!
    Much was not even arranged by a regulation or order, but just by a letter.

There is a lot to do for the new generation TR-collectors. But from the heart I know, not much
    are really interested to find out things and do research.

?

Thanks for the replies! I didn't recognize the button as Reichsbahn either at first glance. In fact, I assumed that it must be from some type of political uniform. It took a bit of digging before I noticed the similar Assman example, which then made me notice that the wings on mine are slightly different. This led me to the question about Reichsbahn versus Bahnpolizei, though my assumption is that they probably used the same buttons.

the 3rd Reich is a vast subject to learn.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    the 3rd Reich is a vast subject to learn.
    That it is! There is much in collections that is wrongly attributed, I think.

Yes, that's true. The simple reason is that many are not interested in
    reading the Original documents and depend on what is told in forums
    or can't while they cannot read German.

By the way: the button can't be political. For this the stand for the eagle's
    head is not correct. Political looks to the left wing!

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    By the way: the button can't be political. For this the stand for the eagle's
    head is not correct. Political looks to the left wing!
    This is true, but I know that some political eagles were made to face to the viewer's left for a brief period beginning in 1936, so that was my initial thought.

Reading German is the most difficult aspect for me. I can read some and can usually grasp the gist of something, but it's hard to understand the finer points of a German text. I use an online translator to help me translate words that I don't understand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast