Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Reichsbahn Officers buckle, Unmarked, help please

Article about: This buckle came in a vets grouping of Reichsbahn items. I am not fully confident the buckle is original. The buckle is unmarked, has good details but the belt buckle looks thicker than othe

Default Reichsbahn Officers buckle, Unmarked, help please

This buckle came in a vets grouping of Reichsbahn items. I am not fully confident the buckle is original. The buckle is unmarked, has good details but the belt buckle looks thicker than other examples. Looking for a good gut check since I believe to be good. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

Reichsbahn Officers buckle, Unmarked, help pleaseReichsbahn Officers buckle, Unmarked, help pleaseReichsbahn Officers buckle, Unmarked, help pleaseReichsbahn Officers buckle, Unmarked, help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahn Officers buckle, Unmarked, help please
    P
    Many

Dear Rescue 190,

The Reichsbahn buckle which you have shown is in my opinion period and original. There are several documented variations to reverse construction and reverse marking (or not) to these buckles and yours is just one.

Without wishing to appear overly pedantic, not an officers or leaders buckle and instead, worn by all officials within a specific pay grade banding. The organisation did not support an officer and other ranks hierarchy and as such, no enlisted rank buckle for the Reichsbahn, unlike the Bahnschutz of course.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Nice Buckle John,

I have 2 like it. One is aluminum base and one is Zinc based. Both by Assmann

Alum: Reichsbahn Buckle – Aluminum

Zinc: Reichsbahn Buckle – Zinc
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Dear Rossi,

In my opinion, your buckle in zinc is and by all aspects, quite superb. A special and perhaps little known variation to many collectors.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Thank you for the replies David and Rossi. I still have much to learn.
    John

?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Thank you for the replies David and Rossi. I still have much to learn.
    John
    Your a good man bro as well as Mr. North. Your knowledge on rifles and other items is amazing. It’s hard to know it all and nearly impossible. Iron sharpens Iron.

?

Quote by David North View Post
    Dear Rossi,

In my opinion, your buckle in zinc is and by all aspects, quite superb. A special and perhaps little known variation to many collectors.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Thank you David. Hope you are well. Always appreciate your knowledge and assistance you and others give to the WRF. I was happy to find that one with the Assmann marking. Cheers!

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    ...I still have much to learn...
    As we all have John.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Thank you David. Hope you are well. Always appreciate your knowledge and assistance you and others give to the WRF. I was happy to find that one with the Assmann marking. Cheers!
    Dear Rossi,

Kind words and which are greatly appreciated. All is well at this side and I hope that you are similarly so.

Without appearing to affect the mode of a repeating record, your example in zinc is simply superb.

Even happier though perhaps, to find a Reichsbahn buckle that is NOT Assmann marked ?

Regards and best wishes,

David