Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Reichsbahndirection Mantel

Article about: Came across this overcoat belonged to a member of Reichsbahndirektion Staff Augsburg, today in a antique shop, all the shop-owner could say it came from the Reichsbahn and the wearer accordi

?

Default Reichsbahndirection Mantel

Came across this overcoat belonged to a member of Reichsbahndirektion Staff Augsburg, today in a antique shop, all the shop-owner could say it came from the Reichsbahn and the wearer according to the shoulder insignia was on a Besoldung 7 = Pay-scale. The overcoat is in good condition, two small repairs around the pocket, suspect the owner may have been in the administration, gold buttons, very clean shoulder insignia, black coat material with wide dark blue collar attached with zig-zag stitching which I take to be normal from the period with a small collar strap and hooks. Trouble is I've not found another on the internet till now to compare it with. My questions are does any member have any knowledge of the Reichsbahn uniforms ? is it good or made up ?, all I've found is patches and shoulder straps. Question 2 are they sought after by collectors ? or not ? a couple of photos are not so good
    Thanks everyone in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahndirection Mantel   Reichsbahndirection Mantel  

Reichsbahndirection Mantel   Reichsbahndirection Mantel  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahndirection Mantel
    P
    Many

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahndirection Mantel   Reichsbahndirection Mantel  

?

Update :
    I've found a few others on the internet to compare it with, most don't have sleeve cuffs, although the early 1933/37 models seem to have them along with silver pebble button, my example has rows of 6 front gold buttons ?, I've learned before 1945 bahn overcoats must have on the front 6 button rows. Cheers