Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RLB Cap Badge

Article about: I also am not a fan of these. The enamel does look strange and finish of rear looks off to me. And domed pin plate,I also have never seen a button hole setup. Eric

Default RLB Cap Badge

Got this in today, good IMO, but always open to comments & opinions.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RLB Cap Badge   RLB Cap Badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RLB Cap Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: RLB Cap Badge

Now I'm a bit two minded, no-one have any opinions on this. Most I have seen to date are the aluminium ones. I have seen only 1 or 2 others like this before.
    To me it looks correct, what say you?

Tom

I found a similar one here- https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...dge-id-157832/
    Seems a bit strange, that if indeed bad, there are so few of them around??

Tom

Not an area many collectors are familiar with. I did not like the loss of black finish to the swastika as many of the fake eagles with black swastikas have a problem with the finish so they wipe it off. The attachment does appear correct. I am in between on this piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks Bob. It should be a silver colour, so maybe the finish has come off completely, including the black swastika?
    The thing is, if these are fake, should there not be loads more around? Clutching at straws here, but in hand this badge looks fine.
    I'm between myself though, would just love to know either way.

Tom

?

Hello there.. Are these real or fantasy....M
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RLB Cap Badge   RLB Cap Badge  

Could you please post a rear view?
    Her's one to compare.

Tom

?

Here they are.

Look, to be honest, I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but there's something about these two I don't like.
    I could well be wrong, but these badges are widely faked with the H.A markings on back. The button hole attachment is not one I'm familiar with.
    The blue enamel colour also looks off to me, but this could be due to the photos. The rears IMO just seem to have the look of a chemical aging process.
    I hope someone can shed more light on these for us, but for now I stick to my gut feeling.

Tom

The design did exist in the era so it is not a fantasy piece. The question is period original or reproduction. They appear to have the correct knurled pin which is not usually found on reproductions. From the limited images, I give them a good chance of being genuine.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast