Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rural Polizai full uniform

Article about: Hello Gentleman I pulled this uniform set from my modest collection. I've had this set for about 25 yrs or so. If memory serves me correctly I believe this to a later war rural police tunic

Default Rural Polizai full uniform

Hello Gentleman I pulled this uniform set from my modest collection. I've had this set for about 25 yrs or so. If memory serves me correctly I believe this to a later war rural police tunic and trousers belonging to a NCO. The burnt Orange color on the collar tab, piping of the shoulder boards, and very large eagle shoulder patch. It has a tag that is marked NE-24-0 and a maker of Bratislava and a embroidered number in red thread 24/558. To be honest I've not seen a maker marked or tag like this before , and there is also a ink stamp number on the reverse spine of the tunic appears to be 8334. The inside collar is heavily stained and wear holes along with the but pockets of the trousers small in nature. A rather clean but used set looks like OS or DS Hilm Bratislava on the label
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rural Polizai full uniform   Rural Polizai full uniform  

Rural Polizai full uniform   Rural Polizai full uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rural Polizai full uniform
    P
    Many

Those are not maker's marks but inventory stamps of a film studio. Many German uniforms were taken into the stocks of film studios in Czechoslovakia and other formerly occupied countries after the war and eventually sold off.

Very interesting fact indeed. Thank you Andreas 😊

It's a shame they didn't clean it any better its heavily odoriferous!

Besides the collar being in heavily soiled and frayed condition. It's in rather nice condition the cotton twill uniforms seem to hold up rather well

As for the uniform itself: It's a Sommerfeldbluse 43 [summer field blouse 43] for an Unterwachtmeister der Gendarmerie. This is not an NCO [Unterführer] rank, but a private [Mannschaften] one.

I was inclined to think it was a NCO ranking due to the silver border around the collar tabs. Thank you for the clarification

Quote by humble collector View Post
    I was inclined to think it was a NCO ranking due to the silver border around the collar tabs. Thank you for the clarification
    No; this piping was worn by all enlisted/NCO ranks.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    No; this piping was worn by all enlisted/NCO ranks.
    Thank you again. BTW you mentioned the Tunis was a Sommerfeldbluse 43 model was he a rural policeman or military police?

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Thank you again. BTW you mentioned the Tunis was a Sommerfeldbluse 43 model was he a rural policeman or military police?
    As I said, Gendarmerie; that's the rural police. (The military police was the Feldgendarmerie.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast