Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

S.A. Treffen Braunschweig 17/18 Oktober 1931 - Carl Poellath

Article about: Perhaps regarded by the collecting fraternity as a somewhat unusual and not often encountered or documented manufacturer of the rather super S.A. Treffen Braunschweig 17/18 Oktober 1931 badg

Default S.A. Treffen Braunschweig 17/18 Oktober 1931 - Carl Poellath

Perhaps regarded by the collecting fraternity as a somewhat unusual and not often encountered or documented manufacturer of the rather super S.A. Treffen Braunschweig 17/18 Oktober 1931 badge (this chap as M1/103, M5/212 and M9/11, I think), although yet, quite interesting.

Credit to "Third Reich Eagles".

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.A. Treffen Braunschweig 17/18 Oktober 1931 - Carl Poellath
    P
    Many

are these your interest.?

Hi David
    Not one i would consider genuine at all. The attachment plate, shows what is possibly the most commonly used name for fakers of all sorts of small items.
    To me, they are the common fakes, made by S.& S in Japan, and sold through Reddick and many others for a few €uros, just with a changed attachment, that in the first image, does not match the patina on the badge, and on the second..as well. I would not pay €1.- for it to be honest. But thats me though, i am sure someone will, and another variant goes down in the books as good :-(

Dear harryamb2

Not really, I just pick them up when I see them and my main collecting interest is belt buckles.

Dear Jo

Thankyou for your comments. In all the years of collecting and to include searching for examples of the SA Treffen Braunschweig, this is the first one I know by Poellath. I have looked at countless hundreds of this badge over the years and again, this one is in isolation which is puzzling to say the least. This may be construed as a good feature or a bad feature. I am in ignorant bliss about this maker and will do a search relating to "...what is possibly the most commonly used name for fakers of all sorts of small items...". This is news to me and quite simply I have never seen this faked attachment device before. By the way and without wishing to be overly pedantic "...and another variant goes down in the books as good :-(...". This is simply not true. To my knowledge the Poellath badge does not appear in any reference work, it is certainly not being promoted by myself and instead, one "on line" subjective assessment. No more and no less.

Regards,

David

ich kapituliere.
    No more gray hairs for me , and things can go back to normal.

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    ich kapituliere.
    No more gray hairs for me , and things can go back to normal.
    I simply do not believe it !

Jo NOT stripped to the waist and engaging in bare knuckle fighting with the fakes, fakers, charlatans and arm chair experts ?

I simply do not believe it !

Regards,

David