Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA 1937 Piece for review

Article about: A buddy of mine picked this up at an estate sale recently. It was the estate sale of a US general in Atlanta last year. He had some very high end pieces but he asked me to post this on here

Default SA 1937 Piece for review

A buddy of mine picked this up at an estate sale recently. It was the estate sale of a US general in Atlanta last year. He had some very high end pieces but he asked me to post this on here to see if anyone had more information. He showed it to another dealer, but they couldn't verify it. Enjoy the pictures and please share any knowledge that you have.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA 1937 Piece for review   SA 1937 Piece for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA 1937 Piece for review
    P
    Many

I was able to find smaller medals but nothing of this size? Was it really a prize that large?

?

Hello,
    I have seen this item a few times before on a few websites & also believe on one of the forums an item like this was discussed & said to be original. To my memory the other one's I have seen were of a much higher quality black in color...if memory serves me correct. And housed in an elaborate case. I did a quick search on here and came up with one thread about the same item, the consensus seemed to be that it was a bogus piece or at least dubious . I hope someone else chimes in because I'd like to see if what I remember was correct about this item. You've piqued my curiousity to find out where I have seen this before so if I find any other threads I will post them. Here is the link to the thread I found on this forum:
    what is it

Duzig(Bill)

It appears to be the exact same award but the other one was in worse condition. I actually think the quality looks pretty good, but what makes me suspect is that a 3rd prize exact same year and event is showing up. How many original ones of that exact thing were there? Suspect?

?

Hello,
    If real I would think as you say that there wouldn't be too many presented either. I wish I could remember where I saw this piece or what. Regarding this piece if real looks like it had a hard life perhaps. The one I saw was black like the HJ/SA donation plaques & seemed of much higher quality.
    Duzig(Bill)