Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Brown shirt

Article about: Hi guys, What do you think? Original or not. I have never seen one like this before. Buttons are probably attached after the war. There are signs that there were collar tabs and shouder boar

Default SA Brown shirt

Hi guys,

What do you think? Original or not. I have never seen one like this before. Buttons are probably attached after the war. There are signs that there were collar tabs and shouder board attached. Gr. Tim

SA Brown shirtSA Brown shirt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Brown shirt
    P
    Many

Anyone? There are some SA experts here ;-)

Quote by timster View Post
    Anyone? There are some SA experts here ;-)
    Patience. Membership and mods do not sit at the computer 24/7 just to reply to every post on the forum. The shirt is certainly not a standard brown shirt as one would be defined. They were waist length and had belt ramps. This shirt is designed to be worn tucked in to breeches or trousers. From your images, it is impossible to determine if the shirt is a very early one meant to be worn under a tunic or not. The early SS wore a similar under the tunic shirt with insignia. However, they did not have metal buttons. As there were no regulations from the Reichszugmeisterei when this shirt was possible, variations can be expected. If this is one, I can not say. If you have valid provenance, that would be of some assistance.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

If this is an early SA under tunic shirt, it would have the Gruppe twisted color piping on the collar. If genuine, it is too altered to invest in.
    BOB

Thank you Bob. I got it from a friendly collector who got it from a guy who had a lot of uniforms on his attic. There was also a pants with it which had a rzm stamp. Fabric and all seemed good also the places were the shoulder boards and collar tabs were attached.

possibly altered for wear post war
    BOB

Bob is the expert, but the textile looks authentic. The cut diverges from the yoke, pull over style of the normal cut for the long shirt.

Thanx. So I am guessing it is a rare one? Pull over shirts are not that common are they?

SA Brown shirtSA Brown shirtSA Brown shirtSA Brown shirt
    Quote by timster View Post
    Thanx. So I am guessing it is a rare one? Pull over shirts are not that common are they?
    This is more the norm for the shirts worn under the tunic.

SA Brown shirtSA Brown shirtThere existed the short shirt in jacket form, and the long pull over shirt, and the variations.

And the shirt in trioktage, of course.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast