Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SA collar tab opinions?

Article about: So I had bought this yellow set from lakeside the other day. In there photo's it appeared to me that there was some silver wash left in the groves of the oakleafs however when I got them I c

Default SA collar tab opinions?

So I had bought this yellow set from lakeside the other day. In there photo's it appeared to me that there was some silver wash left in the groves of the oakleafs however when I got them I could not find any evidence of any wash. I then noticed a few things that I did not before I bought them. I noticed these rattlesnake tail looking designs on the oakleaf i circled in the photo. I have never seen this on any originals that I am familiar with.
    I then removed the device to check for rzm stamp on the prongs or the device and there are none. Then I compared side by side with my modern fake sample (red), my known good tab (orange), and noticed that the piping on the yellow has a much tighter twist then the others and a smaller bullion then the others.

So from my understanding there would not be gold oakleaf with silver piping and devices have rzm stamps on them. The interfacing is similar to my originals however the bullion and the tight twist do not match any of my originals or my fake example.

I am interested in your opinions and any detailed information to expand my knowledge on these items.
    The devices are not cheaply made and have some weight to them.
    Please explain you opinion!

SA collar tab opinions?SA collar tab opinions?SA collar tab opinions?SA collar tab opinions?SA collar tab opinions?SA collar tab opinions?SA collar tab opinions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA collar tab opinions?
    P
    Many

?

I would like to inform you to never take the pins out again, please for gods sake do not bend this very old metal, it may be brittle and it could snap when you interact with it too much.

Even the best dealers can mess up sometimes, but the best dealers will always refund your items and remove any fake items from their websites when they are detected. I'm not familiar enough with collar tabs to judge them but I hope you know rule number one of metal insignia as stated above.

Im sure there will be others soon commenting here that will know an answer.

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    I would like to inform you to never take the pins out again, please for gods sake do not bend this very old metal, it may be brittle and it could snap when you interact with it too much.
    I am aware of this and I was careful with it and as stated this is made from a stronger metal then other devices including the prongs.
    I honestly would think based of the construction of the device that they would be early originals.
    Also for the sake of knowledge it is worth the risk.

Just to compare with the oak-leaves with the shown patch from post 1.

First the form as for the SA and published by the Reichszeugmeisterei in 1934:

SA collar tab opinions?

Further the form with the "rattles", as positioned upon your patch. This drawing
    comes from a 1926 manufacturers-catalogue (Wilhelm Deumer).
    They were meant to be used by shooting-organizations.

Who knows they indeed may have been used for the SA, as there were plenty of
    stocks from this form. It should not, but we have seen rarer things!

SA collar tab opinions?

Thank you Wilhelm as always!
    Does anyone have an opinion on the size difference of the piping?