Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SA Collar Tabs

Article about: I was going by the info on p. 162 of Angolia's book Cloth Insignia of the NSDAP and SA which states: FO B4 Nr. 13708, 1 September 1942 implemented insignia for the General Government (Poland

I was going by the info on p. 162 of Angolia's book Cloth Insignia of the NSDAP and SA which states: FO B4 Nr. 13708, 1 September 1942 implemented insignia for the General Government (Poland): Abbreviation: GG, Collar Patch Color: Light grey, Buttons/Insignia: Silver, etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

The information was published in the Verordnungsblatt der Obersten SA-Führung, number 3 from September 1, 1942.
    Page 17 gives the category Der Stabschef with number 84: the order Ch/F. Nr. 13708 was related to:
    Farben und Dienstgradabzeichen SA-Einheit Generalgouvernement. In the order the word Poland was NOT included, but
    further the information is as Angolia says. The embroidery for the collar patch is mentioned to be in white; the abbreviation for
    the Generalgouvernement was GG.

Note it is said in the order: SA-Einheit and NOT Standarte. This means that only one unit was active at the GG.

In the OSAF Führerbefehl nr. 80 from November 9, 1942 on page 21 some promotions for the staff, for forming the SA at the
    GG were mentioned (two persons); in Führerbefehl nr. 81 from April 20, 1943 on page 16 the leading staff was noted as
    SA-Führungsstab. 10 Persons were promoted and one person was promoted for the administration (Verwaltung); in
    Führerbefehl nr. 82 from May 20, 1943 on page 9 four names from persons were mentioned, which were assigned. For the
    administration I thought two persons were assigned. One being the cashier.
    This is the last information I have for promotions.

Wonderful material. Our warm thanks to you for sharing it with us here.

Thank you very much, sir! I certainly respect you for the contributions you have made and continue to make regarding the SA and other organizations.

I wiill bother you with one last question: since only one apparently small unit was active, perhaps the unit side tab would be blank or just display GG?

It is just a guess. I am not totally sure about it! I must say I do not know exactly, but as there were only
    staff-personnel mentioned, they all will have worn staff-member collar-patches (red). It could be as in bigger
    embroidered letters GG, when serving for a staff with the ranks Sturmbann- and Obersturmbannführer and
    smaller (metal) letters for leaders of a staff with the ranks Standarten-, Ober-, and Brigadeführer, beneath
    their various oakleaves.
    In my lists I have not seen a higher rank there. The highest I have found out was Brigadeführer Wilhelm
    Heerde, who came from the SA-group of Donau.

If lower ranks have worn an abbreviation I do not know, as normally a number for the Standarte was in use.
    But as GG was not a Standarte, I really would not know what they have used! Maybe indeed blank patches.

In SHAEF it is mentioned the SA-Führungsstab GG at Warswa-north in April 1944 only. No further information.
    THey say this was Obergruppenführer Franke.

Thanks again! I started this thread because I have a set of light (mouse) grey SA collar tabs w/RZM tag, the rank side with a silver pip and the unit side blank. They are definitely not the blueish-grey of Sudeten or Weichsel. Maybe a clerk or cashier might have worn this type? Who knows, I guess!

Wilhelm,

I appreciate very much the time you put into responding to my questions. Your vast knowledge and resources are invaluable to those of us who like to pursue the history behind the memorabilia we have come across.

I am still looking for the SHAEF report "The SA of the NSDAP EDS/G/1" I have some US facility leads, but, unfortunately, the US govt is "shut down" today!

I have indeed seen the original of said document. The Allgemeine SS one was reprinted in the UK.
    We are very grateful that Wim Saris shares with us here and we cannot thank him enough.

I even own one for the Org Todt, I think, actually. I forgot about it.

I agree. Thanks you, sir, and thanks again to Wilhelm. I enjoy researching the history of the SA and their regalia. I have several unit and member-marked SA daggers from Gruppen Nordmark and Pommern. I also have an SA Nm ausweis with the mann's dolch number entered. Thanks again!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast