Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Gruppe Hochland 1939 badge authentication

Article about: I recently acquired this SA Gruppe Hochland Wettkampfe badge at a local gun shop (I was the only "weirdo" in there not looking to buy an AR before the 'big bad government' dunn' ta

Default SA Gruppe Hochland 1939 badge authentication

I recently acquired this SA Gruppe Hochland Wettkampfe badge at a local gun shop (I was the only "weirdo" in there not looking to buy an AR before the 'big bad government' dunn' take our guns away), and after having had several awakening experiences with reproductions, I'm unsure as to how to verify its authenticity. Though the RZM code M9/3 doesn't correspond with the stamped "Klotz u. Kienast", I've heard that in the case of Klotz u. Kienast, they are in fact the designers. Detail-wise it seems to be spot on, but I have very little faith in my own judgement.
    Any opinions? I greatly appreciate it!

SA Gruppe Hochland 1939 badge authenticationSA Gruppe Hochland 1939 badge authentication

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Gruppe Hochland 1939 badge authentication
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Gruppe Hochland 1939 badge authentication

After further research I still haven't come across any suggested reproductions, let alone any doubt towards other claims. I've compared my piece to as many photos I could find online, and I can't come up with any suspicious differences. Even the rainbow-ing patina seems right. Unless anyone could point something else out, I'm going to assume this is authentic. I've been trying to find information on the SA Wettkampfe events, but I have to yet to find anything conclusive. From what I understand, they were something along the lines of an annual sporting event for the SA, with different regions being represented with badges such as the one I have.

Any opinions, comments or information are greatly appreciated!

?

Nice find & period.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

This looks like a nice quality genuine tinnie Interkosmos.
    I would have it in my collection.
    All the best
    Doug

I greatly appreciate the feedback from you both! I really do love this design with both the edelweiss and the sword, and I'm starting to develop an interest in SA relics. I've been collecting militaria for a few years now, but accessibility has been a bit difficult for me. I hope to learn much from this forum! I'm really excited to dive head-first into the world of militaria.

I visited the shop I bought this tinnie at, and they actually had two others. One is in better condition integrity-wise though the patina has darkened a bit more than the one I post photos of up above, and the other has better color but is a bit dinged up on the back. I'm planning on selling 2 of the 3, so if you're interested feel free to contact me, Saladin. I'll be listing it in a couple of days, but you can have priority if you're interested.

Once again, thank you both.