Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sa insignia -As shown in the Eric Reiman signed pic

Article about: Thought I would show some insignia that matches the Reiman autographed picture. This is not his insignia but the same type of insignia-- The SA leadership arrow is a very difficult item to f

?

Default Sa insignia -As shown in the Eric Reiman signed pic

Sa insignia -As shown in the Eric Reiman signed picSa insignia -As shown in the Eric Reiman signed picSa insignia -As shown in the Eric Reiman signed pic

Thought I would show some insignia that matches the Reiman autographed picture. This is not his insignia but the same type of insignia-- The SA leadership arrow is a very difficult item to find in this condition.
    Enjoy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sa insignia -As shown in the Eric Reiman signed pic
    P
    Many

Hello Mr. Wiki, allow me to extend to you my apologizes for the delayed response. To say life has been hectic these last six months would be a understatement. Here is the picture I spoke of which you requested to see awhile back. Though the quality is poor at the very best, one can still see the two examples are one and the same (look at the white rank strips on both armbands and the up-down style of weave they're produced with). Sadly both examples, which includes the one you possess, aren't authentic. I've been informed they're fakes from the 70's or 80's.
    When comparing these armbands to period photographs it's quite evident the roundel is much too small, amongst other things that are inconsistent with examples found on period pictures [see pictures below]. Of note, the fakers also got the device attached to the center of the swastika wrong; it should be a clover like thing (maybe someone knows the "technical" term of said device?), not a pip [see period chart below: credit to Mr Saris].
    Thankfully I was fortunate that the seller allowed me to return it and hopefully you'll have the same success; I believe you stated it came from a reputable dealer? Getting the opinions from collectors such as Mr. Coleman and Mr. Saris may prove useful and should be enough evidence to prove it is without any doubt a forgery...at least one would think so. Good luck sir, and honestly, I'm terribly sorry to be delivering bad news.
    Sa insignia -As shown in the Eric Reiman signed picSa insignia -As shown in the Eric Reiman signed picSa insignia -As shown in the Eric Reiman signed picSa insignia -As shown in the Eric Reiman signed pic
    Allow me to add on a positive note, the other SA items pictured above are very nice. I especially like the Brownshirt Tyr rune and the bullion on the collar tab.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Of note, the fakers also got the device attached to the center of the swastika wrong; it should be a clover like thing (maybe someone knows the "technical" term of said device?), not a pip [see period chart below: credit to Mr Saris.]
    It's called a Rosette.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It's called a Rosette.
    Thanks HPL2008. There is a good visible difference between a pip and a rosette:

Sa insignia -As shown in the Eric Reiman signed pic : this is a pip

Sa insignia -As shown in the Eric Reiman signed pic : this is a rosette

The regulation clearly mentions rosette:

and that is what is worn with the photograph from youthcollector1:

Many thanks to the both of you.

I have seen very detailed pictures of this early armband and believe it to be period genuine. The construction and materials used are different than the numerous fakes that flooded the market around 15 years ago.
    Wiki-
    A very nice impressive grouping of items you have posted.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thank you Bob for your valued insight and experience! We in this forum are fortunate to have moderators, members and mentors that have the type of knowledge and experience that Bob Coleman brings to the table.

Not all Armbands came from the same producer. There will be slight differences in pattern..and stitching.
    The same goes for all other multi produced same kind items. Through this we identify a producer.

The recent NSOA Armband seen for the first time..had everything correct about it in material and composition..yet it was not dismissed because it was never seen before.
    Cody if you feel it is no good..then so be it..it is a matter of opinion, which is what builds this site. Gathered opinions some positive and some negative..all have their points of value..and through each opinion...some information is useful..in finding out the truth. Your information Cody is a building block only..as are all of ours in what we study.

Research never has an ending point,,,sometimes we need to go further..because there is always more in this hobby than we really know. Cancer research has not stopped..but yet....there are now alternatives....and that hope of beating it..is becoming a reality. Dont stop until history is exhausted...which we will never be able to achieve anyway. Keep Studying Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill