Become our sponsor and display your banner here

SA or NSDAP shirt?

Article about: I would like to know if this shirt is original, and if so what service it belonged to? By service I mean NSDAP, SA, or other. I also have the armband that came with it when I bought it. Than

Default SA or NSDAP shirt?

SA or NSDAP shirt?SA or NSDAP shirt?SA or NSDAP shirt?SA or NSDAP shirt?SA or NSDAP shirt?SA or NSDAP shirt?I would like to know if this shirt is original, and if so what service it belonged to? By service I mean NSDAP, SA, or other. I also have the armband that came with it when I bought it. Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA or NSDAP shirt?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA or NSDAP shirt?

Welcome to the Forum. Your shirt purports to be that of a SA scharfuhrer from Gruppe Franken. This form of shirt with long tail would have been worn under a tunic. The problem is that the under the tunic shirts were worn without collar tabs, collar piping and metalic buttons. Machine sewn on collar tabs would not be expected on such a shirt due to the fact that they would have to be removed for cleaning. The material for the collar piping does not match the material used in period brownshirts. I can not tell much about the armband without better pictures. From what I can see, the shirt and insignia are recently fabricated products and not 3rd Reich era. I am attaching pictures of genuine collar piping as found on a standard SA brownshirt. I suggest you attempt to return this piece from the source from which you purchased it. Sorry to give you bad news as a new member. In the future, it is better to post pictures here for opinion and also use our search engine as we have a great amount of information stored here.

SA or NSDAP shirt?SA or NSDAP shirt?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Default Re: SA or NSDAP shirt?

I agree with Bob, the collar piping is not period piping IMO.