Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SA Sleeveband

Article about: Excellent post Wim. I was suspicious of the description stating this was an H.J. item when I saw it listed at the Espenlaub site for sale.

Default SA Sleeveband

Anyone care to take a stab at this, guessing early and maybe a valuation?. Name:  cs4.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  63.3 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: SA Sleeveband

This is definitely not SA as the color is incorrect for SA cufftitles. It is likely from one of the post WWI veteran's groups like the Stahlhelm.

I agree with Bob, usually if its German it is a Cufftitle rather than a sleeveband.

I'd like to see a photo of the entire band, and the reverse as well....
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you much for the replies. I did not have much luck in my searches on the web and thought I would take a stab at the forum. I thought SA for some reason but will look at Stahlhelm. Brown shirts for some reason has my language as sleeve band and cuff titles are cuff titles, don't ask about the logic in that and don't know why I did that.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I'd like to see a photo of the entire band, and the reverse as well....
    cheers, Glenn
    I can make that happen on Thursday for you.

Thanks again.

As bob said when looking at cufftitles it can be seen that color and construction are good when determining branch.
    Here are some examples of SA cufftitles.
    Name:  C-683.JPG
Views: 172
Size:  44.2 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	543443

My initial guess is that it's an NSKK Cufftitle, bearing the name of a Nazi martyr...
    Definitely not a Stahlhelm cufftitle. Looking forward to more photos...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn1966; 07-24-2013 at 06:41 PM.

I have seen this specifically worded cuff title sold as an H.J. item by Espenlaub. I don't have any references to substantiate that identifier personally but perhaps he does or knows something about this title that I do not. I've seen other similar H.J. cuff titles that were Fahnlien or Gefolgschaft worn items that appeared to be period.....but as said I don't know of a period reference to positively identify these cuff titles or honor titles that were possibly worn by H.J. members who's unit bore an honor title or martyr title.

I would like to see a full photograph of the cuffband, front and reverse. What I can see now it is a good cuffband!
    Sorry to correct all of you!

SA honor cuffbands for "martyrs" are always black. The name Heinrich Förg was indeed granted for the SA,
    to be worn as a cuffband, but also at the box (Querbalken) for the DE (Deutschlanderwache-standard). Within the
    Stahlhelm-organization cuffbands as this were not worn at all! This name was neither allowed to be used within
    the HJ-organization!

November 19, 1932 the name Förg was granted to the SA-group of Südwest for the Standarte 120, which was Ulm. Förg was
    killed during an accident on June 1, 1930. The granting for the name is mentioned in a letter from the SA-Führungsamt,
    department 3 from November 27, 1935, in relation to all the names that were granted at that moment (Aufstellung
    über verliehene Namensverleihungen in Standarten

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img601.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	543509

This image is from the magazine "Die Deutsche Uniform", issue 2 from September 1934 and shows the second type
    of lettering. The first type was the German script Sütterlin. As far as I know there are at least two different forms
    of letters with this script. The name Förg is at left.

Name:	img602.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	543510

This is the type of lettering (Buchstabenvorlage) as shown in the manufacturing-regulations (Herstellungsvorschriften)
    from the RZM from 1936. It is established the letters pop up in a slight deviating form.

Name:	img603 - kopie.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	543511

Further shown a most interesting copy from the addendum from the letter from November 27, 1935. See the names granted (as
    cuffband or name at the DE-box), dates of granting and some remarks. The name Schlageter is twice included: the cuffbands were
    as Albert Leo Schlageter and one simply as Schlageter.
    "Wir sollen auch unser Leben für die Brüder lassen" (1.Joh.3.16):
    zum Gedächtnis Wilhelm Schenk. Er starb fürs Vaterland am 13. Juni 1916

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast