Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SA Sports cloth badge , picked up today.

Article about: Hi Fellas I popped out to a small collectors shop today and was happy to see this Bronze SA sports cloth badge , i am hoping it is genuine and just went with my gut instinct , the insignia i

?

That is very interesting thank you. That would certainly explain the trouble finding an original on the net. I'm taking this one back next week for my cash back. I have seen the same SA sports logo on white circular cloth on a red armband maybe those are the correct type? and these were copied from that design?. Maybe someone might be able to shine more light on this one in the near future? , at least it will give me 30 quid to put towards a nice original item. (From a differnt seller ofcourse ) Jimbo.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Sports cloth badge , picked up today.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by jimm View Post
    That is very interesting thank you. That would certainly explain the trouble finding an original on the net. I'm taking this one back next week for my cash back. I have seen the same SA sports logo on white circular cloth on a red armband maybe those are the correct type? and these were copied from that design?. Maybe someone might be able to shine more light on this one in the near future? , at least it will give me 30 quid to put towards a nice original item. (From a differnt seller ofcourse ) Jimbo.
    The armbands to which you refer are those for the SA-Wehrmannschaft, but they are often erroneously called "SA sport armbands" due to the similarity in design to the SA Sportsabzeichen. I have no idea whether or not any SA sports badges were issued in cloth, but the DRL ones were.

You might want to buy one of those armbands Jimm.
    It appears to me that each of the patches shown
    in this thread are bad.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Many Thanks for the 2 comments Gents , i have always liked the design on the SA sports badge hence the pick up , i have learned something very valuable via this thread now , thanks to the great and very informative comments. I will definitely opt now for the nice metal badge version i think. I would very much like to own the cloth armband Erno that you kindly described for me , but would have to put a bit more cash away for a nice one of those , they do look superb. I think a nice metal bronze color sports badge one would be a good buy for the next coming month. Cheers fellas , Jimbo.
    Last edited by jimm; 03-09-2014 at 09:41 PM.

?

Jimbo, I'm glad to have been of assistance, if only in a small way. The SA-Wehrmannschaft armband is one of the most affordable, as they are plentiful today in unissued condition. They range between $70 and $100 on dealer websites, and should be less if you can find a collector offering one.

I believe the reason for their scarcity lies within the goal of the SA-Wehrmannschaft; it was mostly made up of people who weren't suitable for Wehrmacht service, but troops returning home from military service were also to serve. Since that never happened, there would be no use for the many armbands created. That's my theory, but I don't have any hard evidence of that.

Nonetheless, I agree with you that the design is quite nice. The SA Sportsabzeichen was one of the first pieces of German militaria that I ever purchased. They are ubiquitous, but no collection is really complete without one.

?

I should mention as well that the https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...ick-pin-20703/ is also very nice. Although I don't have one yet, I will pick it up if I come upon one for a good price.

?

Very interesting information and certainly very plausible regarding the SA wehrmannschaft armbands , thank you for that info , i clicked on the SA sports badge stick pin link and i must say they look superb in a grouping like that , i would be so tempted to display those (safely) in a glass case and have them on my wall. They look superb. Appreciate the link and a very nice stick pin indeed. I did find an SA Wehrmannschaft armband for 90.00 GBP on the net and i am very tempted to go with that but if i can find one for the equivalent of 70$-100$ that would be a nicer price ofcourse. Just hard to resist the urge to press buy now but i shall have to be strong for a little longer. Your knowledge on this is very commendable and i can only hope to gain that amount of knowledge as time goes on. Thanks again , Jimbo.

?

Quote by jimm View Post
    Very interesting information and certainly very plausible regarding the SA wehrmannschaft armbands , thank you for that info , i clicked on the SA sports badge stick pin link and i must say they look superb in a grouping like that , i would be so tempted to display those (safely) in a glass case and have them on my wall. They look superb. Appreciate the link and a very nice stick pin indeed. I did find an SA Wehrmannschaft armband for 90.00 GBP on the net and i am very tempted to go with that but if i can find one for the equivalent of 70$-100$ that would be a nicer price ofcourse. Just hard to resist the urge to press buy now but i shall have to be strong for a little longer. Your knowledge on this is very commendable and i can only hope to gain that amount of knowledge as time goes on. Thanks again , Jimbo.
    I understand the urge to 'get!' It can be difficult to resist. If you'd like one quickly, I know of several that are currently for sale at 95 USD, which is a bit more than bottom dollar but not entirely overpriced either.

I wish my knowledge were half as deep as many of the collectors on here! There is very much to learn, and most of what I know so far has come from reading the forum posts here.

?

I use glass-top riker mount cases for my small items. They are safe for most objects, inert and very nice for display.

SA Sports cloth badge , picked up today.

?

Very nice display pieces , many thanks for sharing - they look great and i bet you can't wait to add more to the grouping , i might do a similar thing as it charges the motivation wanting to complete a superb display like that - great stuff. Thanks for the info on the armband i am interested in one but the trouble is There are many U.S sites that have wonderful prices for period pieces but sadly the custom charges to the UK bumps the price up considerably , so i'm always looking on UK or EU sites for German militaria. And It is a pet hate of mine going to collect anything from our post office depot as it is miles away from me unfortunately. Many thanks again for that great picture , i shall take inspiration from that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast