Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SA Sports cloth badge , picked up today.

Article about: Hi Fellas I popped out to a small collectors shop today and was happy to see this Bronze SA sports cloth badge , i am hoping it is genuine and just went with my gut instinct , the insignia i

?

Default SA Sports cloth badge , picked up today.

Hi Fellas

I popped out to a small collectors shop today and was happy to see this Bronze SA sports cloth badge , i am hoping it is genuine and just went with my gut instinct , the insignia is slightly darker on the photo. I paid 30 GBP. picture of back and front below. Also picked up a war merit medal aswell.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Sports cloth badge , picked up today.
    P
    Many

?

Not sure if this is real reminds me of a large group of fake german patches from the 60s found I believe Fred started the thread looks similar to some of the patches posted under there

?

Many Thanks for your reply and appreciated , that is a real gutter as the guy was a military collector and gave the spiel of it being genuine etc , if anyone else would be so kind as to add their opinion it would be greatly appreciated as i'd like to be 100% sure before getting my money back. Very grateful for the info and thank you again. I shall have to find the thread regarding these also. searching now...

?

Thanks Brett very much appreciate the link , i looked at the badge on there and there is a difference with color and sheen , the badge i purchased is a flat color & has no sheen , the repro has a sheen to it and is a different shade of color more brighter & glossy. But the sewing to the back of the badge looks the same with the 2 bits of colored thread hanging from top and bottom and the tip of the sword and the base of the sword both abruptly finished. Any more professional opinions at all chaps?. I have already emailed the seller as i made sure to get his business card and i've said that it is a suspected repro and i'd like to take it back for my money back , i hope i wasn't jumping the gun and this is an original. But frustration took over as i have been burned before. So had to email him. Brett thank you for your help thus far , just hope this isn't a repro. Here is a pic of the repro pictures from the link , for comparison

Repro

my purchase yesterday...

Sorry it is bad. Get your money back.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Jimm
    I'm not a cloth guy by any means. I was just browsing & remembered the thread mentioned
    by gel65. Hope it all works out.

Regards
    Brett

?

Thanks Ade & Brett just noticed your replies , many thanks , i shall take it as definitely repro then Ade , i will indeed take it back asap , just for reference and for future purchases , does anyone happen to have a picture of an original to compare?. As it would definitely save making another mistake , thanks for all your help fellas , Brett & Ade your both gents , thank you.

?

For the life of me i can't find an original on the web , here is a pic of a different variation i have found on the web. I always thought this was a fairly common item but it looks like finding an original is harder than i expected.

this one is different color wise and stitching to the front more noticeably the left hand part of the blade looks more of a line stitch rather than a dotted stitch. Wonder if this one is original?. Price is 30 USD.

I think that has taught me well again and I'll only buy from reputable dealers from now on , but it is so hard resisting a purchase when you see something in the flesh that you can take home the same day.

?

I'm not totally sure they even made one of these badges during the war on cloth white material

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast