Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA/ SS cap badge

Article about: In addition, while these are commonly referred to as the "M-29" eagle, as best I can tell, they originally came out in 1927 (and colleagues F-B/d'Alquen can correct me if I am wron

Default SA/ SS cap badge

Have this badge for a while now and have posted it on various forums where it came through with flying colours. Recently posted it on a new site and authenticity was questioned. The badge measures 36mm across and 28mm top to bottom. It is non-magnetic. Opinions will be greatly appreciated. Regards Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA/ SS cap badge   SA/ SS cap badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA/ SS cap badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA/ SS cap badge

Hi Thomas, nice to see you here, welcome!

It looks fine to me? Did you show me this one before?

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, thanks for the welcome. Good to see you here. I showed this last on WWM and if memory serves you okayed it. After showing on another site I was told that the detail on badge was noy consistent with pressings where the detail would be more "crisp and defined". Ergo my attempt at a second opinion. I've had a BWB passed before, only to find out later that it is actually a new fake being made. Regards Thomas

Hi Thomas, the detail is a little soft but I don't think it is a problem.

Cheers, Ade.

?

In my opinion the eagle is a good one.
    One of the things I have noticed when posting things on different forums for show & tell or an opinion is that is what you get, varied opinions from many individuals. The accepted experts make a pronouncement and many follow along because they really do not know or are afraid to contradict the accepted experts so they parrot the pronouncments of the pack leaders. The biggest problem is that no one is right all the time including yours truely. [I will only admit this when I am sober.]

Your Hoheitszeichen is authentic. As to the opinions of some in the internet, one has to work to understand the authority, motivation and qualities or lack of same among many people here. On other sites, people hide behind their screens and commit atrocities with glee. What gripes me is that some of these people are adults, with middle class jobs in the professions, where such behavior in real life would lead to censure and punishment.

Adrian polices this site well so it does not degrade into the Katzenjammer that wrecked the others where we all met.

PS While I might know somewhat more than the average, none of us possesses absolute truth about everything in this field. Each day something new and remarkable emerges, and we should do our level best to make sure that these sites help us all to learn, regardless of our experience, the size of our collection, or whatever. That is why we thank Adrian and his chums for making this a nice place.
    Attached Images Attached Images SA/ SS cap badge 

?

You bet Ade is a good guy.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Adrian polices this site well so it does not degrade into the Katzenjammer that wrecked the others where we all met.

That is why we thank Adrian and his chums for making this a nice place.
    To those of F-B, I add my bravo and kudos to Adrian for keeping this a civil forum and keeping out some of the cyber-doltish actions on other boards.

I wish to add my thumbs up to your cap badge. A miriad of small firms made these badges. At the time of inception in 1929, there ws no standard regulating authori8ty so minor variations must be expected in these badges
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I wish to add my thumbs up to your cap badge. A miriad of small firms made these badges. At the time of inception in 1929, there ws no standard regulating authori8ty so minor variations must be expected in these badges
    I agree. They are also common, and I haven't seen any serious attempt to fake them (although they have been reproduced.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast