Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 rally badge

Article about: Hi everyone, I will be putting up several different threads of the medals and cloth insignia in my collection. We will start with this SA Rally badge. Hope you enjoy! Thaddeus

rrlancaster
    ?

Where is a good place to get some general knowledge on these- me being a 22 year old girl with little interest previously. My father is a big collector and I'd like to find some decent possibly sort of rare ones to buy him as a gift. I don't want to just hop online and mindlessly buy them just because it says "rare" or "great value"

2. # ADS

I guess the first question to ask would be-what is your spending limit? There are "Rare" badges that can go as high as anyone can literally afford.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

rrlancaster
    ?

I'd like to stay less than $100- I'm just completely clueless and my father is impossible to shop for. I don't know what he already has either but I assume that there is enough of a variety that the chances of me getting him a duplicate are slim

Quote by rrlancaster View Post
    Where is a good place to get some general knowledge on these...
    Good question, because wherever you look, all there is, is contradicting info about both versions. This site (image below) says that the first version with raised lettering is pictured in a TR reference book as genuine, and it says that the solid RZM marked 2nd patterns are fake, and that the hollow back 2nd patterns are real - the exact opposite of what you read on this thread. Who knows who is wrong or right, but i cant recall ever seeing any detailed study done of the extraordinarily many different types of both versions. All i have heard and read to date about which ones are genuine or not, was never accompanied with any solid research - not that i saw anyway.... so there you go.

Buy your old man a bottle of Whiskey instead

Rrlancaster, getting into this hobby can be addicting for your father but to find one of these for around a hundred bucks would be rare IMO..... Jo is right.... You can never go wrong with whiskey!

Hello,
    Is this an original badge or not?
    It is made of brass and is very used.
    Strange pin.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 rally badge   SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 rally badge  

I would not buy it. Never seen this pin set up on this badge before.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4