Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA Wehrabzeichen in Gold, fake?

Article about: While perusing the Kai Winkler site i've found what at first glance is a very rare SA Wehrabzeichen in Gold. It caught my attention in that in the last 18 months, this is only the 2nd i've s

Default SA Wehrabzeichen in Gold, fake?

While perusing the Kai Winkler site i've found what at first glance is a very rare SA Wehrabzeichen in Gold. It caught my attention in that in the last 18 months, this is only the 2nd i've seen for sale (the other one I bought) and yet further photos have me thinking this is possibly fake.

It was my understanding the only accepted manufacturer of the gold award was Christian. H. Laurer. This example is an un-numbered W.Redo and without any reference literature I have only my memory to go on yet I am inclined to think this make be a fake. I doubt it is even a re-colored bronze grade given the poor detail to the reverse.

It would surprise me that Kai would slip up in this area but accidents happen I suppose. Any experts out there who can confirm one way or another?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Wehrabzeichen in Gold, fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Wehrabzeichen in Gold, fake?

I agree that the detail is not sharp. This is likely a total fake made recently. From previous experience, I do not believe in accidents when it comes to these dealers.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

It looks sloppy on the reverse and spray painted.

Wow, it really is bad Glenn. I've often thought at times that these dealers occassionally just have one slip through, but this one surely blows that theory out of the water. If Bob Coleman does not believe that there are accidents with dealers anymore, that makes it the gospel for me. How much are they asking for that thing?

Jay

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I agree that the detail is not sharp. This is likely a total fake made recently. From previous experience, I do not believe in accidents when it comes to these dealers.
    I totally agree Bob.

My comment about accidents does not apply to all dealers as there are some good guys still. They are hard to find in Europe these days. The dealer in question sent me a brand new double breasted Ortsgruppenleiter tunic on which only the armband and buttons were period. I paid by credit card but never received a full refund as he kept the credit card fee he was charged. He refused to send me a receipt so I had no way to argue the situation with my credit card company.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

It seems the number of good guys is quickly diminishing. You don't have much protection left when they can still gig you on a credit card. That is pretty darn sleezy! I've never dealt with the Winkler site, but if they are listing that as an original gold badge, that's all I need to know.

Jay

I think it was 400 euro which caught my eye as that is too cheap IMO and generally I find Kai's prices to be around 30-50% over and above other dealers for comparative items.
    Not to get into a dealer bashing session here but i've had my own bad experience with the history Shop here Not happy with the History Shop!!.

A shame really because his site is one of the better presented ones out there with decent photography.

I remember your $100 box episode Glenn. Sure knocks all the air out of your collecting baloon doesn't it.

Jay

Well he's at it again!

This time an un-numbered REDO Gold SA badge. https://www.history-shop.de/katalog/...d_82632_e.html

Given this dealers recent scam at the SOS regarding the 'hoard find' of SS Tuxedo badges I am not surprised at his behavior. Lightning striking twice?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast