Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Sani, Red Cross Arbinde for review please

Article about: I picked this armbinde up and would like to display with a German red cross hewer and mini medic display beside a US combat medic display. I like the fabric and the stitching but do not like

Default Sani, Red Cross Arbinde for review please

I picked this armbinde up and would like to display with a German red cross hewer and mini medic display beside a US combat medic display.
    I like the fabric and the stitching but do not like the stamping. Could be a aged fake. I thought Sanitater were medics; or are they doctors? These are different than red cross ambinde that I have seen. Would this be correct for a German combat medic? Any opinions are appreciated.
    John

Sani, Red Cross Arbinde for review pleaseSani, Red Cross Arbinde for review pleaseSani, Red Cross Arbinde for review pleaseSani, Red Cross Arbinde for review pleaseSani, Red Cross Arbinde for review please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sani, Red Cross Arbinde for review please
    P
    Many

Sanitäter are medics, yes.

(However, Geneva Cross armbands were and are worn in the field by medics as well as physicians.)

I cannot comment on the authenticity of this piece.

Hello John. I agree I like the construction and overall appearance of the armband. I was wary of the white canvas like material, but the red cotton looks much the same fabric as that used on other period German textiles flags,armbands etc. Of course the biggest concern would be that these are heavily faked if for no other reason, they can be sold on eBay without conflict, in addition to them being fairly simple in construction. On the other hand a brief search did not yield piles of these with similar multi-piece construction, most were machine woven examples. The stamps would give me pause as well but it's not uncommon for armbands to be marked in such a manner with the government stamp as your example is. The SANI stamp could of been placed there as per Geneva convention regulations, but I'm not certain of that? I include a similarly constructed piece as yours I found online, and also a supposed period US armband marked in a similar fashion with Geneva convention connection. In any event a bump for the thread. Kindest regards.

Brian

Sani, Red Cross Arbinde for review pleaseSani, Red Cross Arbinde for review please

Sani, Red Cross Arbinde for review pleaseSani, Red Cross Arbinde for review please

https://militaryantiquesmuseum.com/f...itary-antiques