Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Small Coat of Arms Patches - What Are They?

Article about: Picked these up at a garage sale the other day for a few bucks. There are 4 of them: Sachsen, Schleswig-Holstein (Schleswig-H), Danzig, and Rheinland. At first I thought they were the backs

?

Default Small Coat of Arms Patches - What Are They?

Picked these up at a garage sale the other day for a few bucks. There are 4 of them: Sachsen, Schleswig-Holstein (Schleswig-H), Danzig, and Rheinland. At first I thought they were the backs of tinnies with the tin borders removed, but they are not the correct size and they look different. They are definitely old - they smell old and are brittle. The backs have a black fabric like material on them (see pics). They are about 2"x1". Anybody know what they are from or seen anything like 'em? Thanks

mabrgo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small Coat of Arms Patches - What Are They?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Small Coat of Arms Patches - What Are They?  Small Coat of Arms Patches - What Are They?  Small Coat of Arms Patches - What Are They?  Small Coat of Arms Patches - What Are They?  Small Coat of Arms Patches - What Are They? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small Coat of Arms Patches - What Are They?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Small Coat of Arms Patches - What Are They?

Hi. These are rests of WHW tinnies. They should have a plasticframe. The signs shows the german counties coat of arms. Sorry but no value, only waste

?

I thought so too, but they are not the correct size (from what I've seen), and if you compare them to tinnies, they are actually quite different.

Hi mabrgo, I just measured my examples, and they are 45mm x 32mm, are yours the same size? If they are, they are donation badges from the 4WHW-1RSS, distributed on the 17/18.10.36 by the DAF. The collection was called Grenzlandwappen (Borderland coats of arms), and there were 12 silk badges in the set. You have number seven, nine, eleven and three (T045.3, T047, T049 and T041).