Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Small Railroad Eagle/Trolly Eagle V mark

Article about: Hello, I have been interested in finding a Railroad eagle for the collection latly. Have studied examples I have found on the forum here and others. Was looking at this one, appears to be a

Default Small Railroad Eagle/Trolly Eagle V mark

Hello, I have been interested in finding a Railroad eagle for the collection latly. Have studied examples I have found on the forum here and others. Was looking at this one, appears to be a good example with correct markings. I havent seen many in this size is the only thing, nor have I seen an example painted this way. It measures 15.7/8 inches by 10 1/8 inches, looking for a second opinion.

Price continues to rise on these items, the longer I wait the more I will end up spending, not interested in a repo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small Railroad Eagle/Trolly Eagle V mark   Small Railroad Eagle/Trolly Eagle V mark  

Small Railroad Eagle/Trolly Eagle V mark   Small Railroad Eagle/Trolly Eagle V mark  

Small Railroad Eagle/Trolly Eagle V mark   Small Railroad Eagle/Trolly Eagle V mark  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small Railroad Eagle/Trolly Eagle V mark
    P
    Many

I think this is a good one --- wait for others to chime in though, I'm more familiar with the bigger "train" eagles. As far as I can tell there's no "red flags".

That looks like a nice trolley/Reichspost Bus eagle to me, paint is most likely original as these were often painted such. The manufacturer is pretty uncommon if I recall.

Small Railroad Eagle/Trolly Eagle V mark

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you for the comments guys. I wasn't sure what to call it. Too small for railroad eagle. Had seen the name trolley eagle.

Not Reichsbahn, but indeed Reichspost. The wingspan normally is 40.0 cm.
    Often one finds these painted over in various colors. Not during use for
    regular Reichspost, but later during the war when the busses were in use
    for other purposes.
    As far as I can see, this is a good one!

To find the accompanied lettering Deutsche Reichspost, as shown
    with the photo from big ned, is a hell of a job! These letters were
    most often made by the concern that nowadays manufacturers the star
    for the Mercedes.

like it looks ok .

Interesting history, thank you Wilhelm Saris. Just out of curiosity have you seen the letter sell or trade before? Thanks for the picture Ned.

Quote by lazer4856 View Post
    Interesting history, thank you Wilhelm Saris. Just out of curiosity have you seen the letter sell or trade before? Thanks for the picture Ned.
    No? What do you mean with letter sellf or trade?

I believe the question was about the wording below the eagle ( Deutsche Reichspost ) and that maybe these too were cast alloy.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

There are various types of lettering Deutsche Reichspost:
    the loose version and the words in two sets. I do have have
    photos, but these are in reserve for a planned book.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast