Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sport insignia 1900-1945

Article about: There seams to be a lack of info on this forum on the topic of sport shirt insignia. I would ask that this be pinned at some point. I have worked on this topic before on Wehrmacht Awards for

'
    '
    '
    '
    '
    Sport insignia 1900-1945

Sport insignia 1900-1945

You see these NSFK all the time and believe me they are 100% fake. I had another dealer even tell me witch dealer had them made in Asia.
    You will here some say that there is no real yellow on gray, I previously being one of them but I have been corrected.
    Truth is there are real ones and I only know of a hand full. They were put on yellow shirts and there is abut 5 different visual design flaws that you can use to see an original, they are subtle but it is in all the fakes, the main one being the nipples, then the hands, feet and belly.

At this 2015 SOS I walked past one many times not even thinking of checking it out. There was another item I wanted that I took a photo of to send to Rob Newbrough and all he could say is "Joe the NSFK" mind you all he can see in the photo was the tip of the wing. So I went back the next day and sure enough it was a good one.

Top is fake, the rest are good.

If any one is interested at this time Weitze has one for sale on his web sight.

Sport insignia 1900-1945Sport insignia 1900-1945Sport insignia 1900-1945Sport insignia 1900-1945Sport insignia 1900-1945

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sport insignia 1900-1945
    P
    Many

Here you will see three police patches, the one in the middle is the real small police sport eagle and I only know of 2.
    The ones at each end are fakes and will never be original. You see them all over the shows. These glow but have twisted thread and burn bad. The blue early water police has 2 stitches that run diagonally across the back, now show me any other patch that is period that has this on it. Are they made from an original this size, I do not think so and there is no evidence to suggest that there was. If you think I am wrong then be my guest and explain. You will also find the blue one on armbands from time to time and people say they are for an armband. I don't think so.

Sport insignia 1900-1945Sport insignia 1900-1945

I do not believe at all these were ever used for sport, I do believe they are from an original because I know some one that had an original SA even though most you find are fakes. I personally don't even bother with them. I would like to get others input on these and why you think it is good or no good. By the way the SA/SS eagle at the top would have an RZM tag on it.

Sport insignia 1900-1945Sport insignia 1900-1945Sport insignia 1900-1945

You ever see a patch with a back that looks like this, walk away.

I appreciate the Likes but I encourage you to add any thing you might have or any opinions you have I am doing this for several reasons but mostly to educate others as well as my self on what there is and I do not want people to take my word as fact, I have been wrong in the past about things so if you think I am wrong please start a conversation with me about it. By the way for those that do not know me my name is Joe Ruffo

I am on the fence with the DLV, it was an early group that would have used chain stitched sport patches witch I believe I have one of, but it is possible that it is from a pendant, I don't think it is based on the surrounding material but it's possible. This is one of those groups like the NSBO that has no records or images of a sport shirt at all being used so if you have a photo of one used then post it please.

The BEVO one is faked, I chose to stay away from them but people I trust say they have an original. Like I said I stay away from them at this time.

The top is a Bevo one that belongs to a friend that says is good, like I said I have not touched these yet and the bottom is my chain stitched.

I am going to move on away from the fakes now because I did post this info before. Other fakes are the NSRL eagles like the one on post #14.

(Luftwaffe)

1st pattern drop tail (common)

2nd pattern large (common)
    Sport insignia 1900-1945
    Sport insignia 1900-1945

2nd pattern small(common)
    Sport insignia 1900-1945
    Sport insignia 1900-1945

LSV Kaufbeuren (only one known)
    (Luftwaffe Sportverein)
    this is a war time sport club formed to keep the troops occupied
    Sport insignia 1900-1945

Sport insignia 1900-1945

thanx for this, sir. i learned something to day also : )
    Stig

What a great thread!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast