Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sports Abzeichen for War Wounded

Article about: Gentlemen, Can I get your opinion on this one? Thanks, Ed Sorry guys...I tried to do a different way of uploading pics but the entire zip lock file uploaded instead which I didn't want to ha

ETF
    ?

Default Sports Abzeichen for War Wounded

Gentlemen, Can I get your opinion on this one?

Thanks,

Ed

Sorry guys...I tried to do a different way of uploading pics but the entire zip lock file uploaded instead which I didn't want to happen. I haven't figured out how to delete photo files yet or if there is even a way to do that. In any case, individual photos are located on the second post down from this one.

Thanks,
    Ed
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ETF; 03-10-2013 at 08:57 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sports Abzeichen for War Wounded
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sports Abzeichen for War Wounded

In the future, please use our photo download as without it, in the future, without images, this thread will be usweless. I personally do not like this badge as the finish is too good. The badges made in period are noted for having a very poor finish that oxidizes. The color of the finish on this badge is also off.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

ETF
    ?

Bob, I disagree with your opinion. Yes, the finish on these did deteriorate and oxidize. However, the detail is there as is the raised maked mark "M1/52" which looks good. What else other than the finish and color is your concern? Finish can be preserved if well stored. The badge details look "textbook" in my opinion. I've compared this badge with other photos of known authentic badges and they look identical when compared. Please give more details on what you're basing your opinion on.

Ed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sports Abzeichen for War Wounded   Sports Abzeichen for War Wounded  

Sports Abzeichen for War Wounded  
    Attached Images Attached Images Sports Abzeichen for War Wounded  Sports Abzeichen for War Wounded  Sports Abzeichen for War Wounded  Sports Abzeichen for War Wounded 

ETF
    ?

Bob,

After reading after reading your comments about the color of the badge I realized the color wasn't accurate in the photos I posted above. It was way off...thanks for your input on the color and finish.

I re-examined the badge and the color in the above photos does not represent the actual color of the badge. It shows an inaccurate gold color to the badge. The badge although in good condition does actually show a faded tone in color with some oxidation throughout both side of the badge as well as patches of verdigris at the base of the hinge.

I attached two photos which better represent the actual color and condition of the badge. The lighting I used in the above photos is a temporary set-up as I don't have access to my regular lighting system at the moment.

Thanks for your comments.

Ed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sports Abzeichen for War Wounded   Sports Abzeichen for War Wounded  

Seeing your new pictures, I agree that it is a genuine badge. At the SOS, I examined a Coburg RZM pattern badge that was identical in color to what your first photos showed. It was an excellent copy except for the color of the badge. We were able to examine it side by side with a genuine example and found that not only was the color off, but it was slightly smaller and lighter in weight. This thread shows that at times, photographs can not always accurately depict an item. There is no substitute for a hands on examination. Thanks for posting the new pics.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

ETF
    ?

Thanks Bob. I appreciate your feedback. You are right about nothing compares like a hands on inspection and comparison when possible. After I read your initial comments I realized how far off the color of my initial photos were I understood why you would not like the badge. It made me realize that when we are asking for an opinion on a piece that it is very important to try to get photos that represent the piece accurately. Even then to your point, it is still difficult to tell from photos in many cases.

Thanks again.
    Ed