Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS Badge and DRL Sports Badge: Authentic pieces?

Article about: Hi, everyone. I saw these two pieces for sale and was interested in both of them but wasn't sure about the authenticity. The SS party pin/badge looks good and would appear to be made Walter

Exclamation SS Badge and DRL Sports Badge: Authentic pieces?

Hi, everyone. I saw these two pieces for sale and was interested in both of them but wasn't sure about the authenticity. The SS party pin/badge looks good and would appear to be made Walter & Henlein, Gablonz am N. I'd really like to get one of these and it's being sold by someone who has a lot of authentic items. I'm weary, however, as it is only $30 and because from what I gather these are faked quite a bit.

The 2nd badge also looks good to me and would appear to be by maker Wernstein, Jena. I haven't seen a lot of examples of these yet, but it looks good in comparison to an original I looked at. It's selling for $55.00, which seems like a good deal if it's a good piece. Could someone help me to clarify what exactly this badge is referred to? It have seen it advertised as a DRL badge, DRL Riding Association badge, DRL Cavalry badge and as just a sports badge.

Thanks for the help!

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Badge and DRL Sports Badge: Authentic pieces?  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Badge and DRL Sports Badge: Authentic pieces?  SS Badge and DRL Sports Badge: Authentic pieces?  SS Badge and DRL Sports Badge: Authentic pieces?  SS Badge and DRL Sports Badge: Authentic pieces? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Badge and DRL Sports Badge: Authentic pieces?
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Badge and DRL Sports Badge: Authentic pieces?

The sports badge is ok, but the SS badge is a fake, incorrect markings to the back, Ges G means patent pending, and then it has an RZM control stamp, and then the M number for the maker ............... sorry

Hi Adam, the SS badge is really a fantasy design. The SS-ZA members badge is the closest thing to this.

The sports badge is known as the DRL (Deutsche Reichsbund für Leibesübungen) sports badge, more correctly known as the Deutsche Reichssportabzeichen It is good. Please see here for more info. You can easily translate this online:

Wapedia - Wiki: Deutsches Reichssportabzeichen

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks, guys. If I understand correctly, It makes sense to me now that if something was marked ges gesch it wouldn't have an RZM code/#SS as it would still be patent-pending. Thanks, Ade. It's good to know there is only one real type SS badge out there, the SS-ZA members badge. Is there any special way they should be marked on the reverse?

Thanks for the replies!
    -Adam

Hi Adam, the SS-ZA pin or Zivilabzeichen was made by either Gahr or Hoffstätter and will have, in addition to the makers name, the markings Ges Gesch and the accoutability serial number. These are in the form of a stick pin too not a badge. Designed for wear, as the name suggests, on civilian clothes.

Cheers, Ade.