Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Gautag München Tinnie

Article about: I was interested in this tinnie but held off buying it because I've read on other forums that these particular badges are fantasy pieces. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated before I s

?

Default SS Gautag München Tinnie

I was interested in this tinnie but held off buying it because I've read on other forums that these particular badges are fantasy pieces. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated before I spend my hard earned money. Thanks, Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Gautag München Tinnie   SS Gautag München Tinnie  

SS Gautag München Tinnie  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Gautag München Tinnie 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Gautag München Tinnie
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Gautag München Tinnie

I personally would not buy one.

Cheers, Ade.

reproduction,,,stay away

?

Thank you Gentlemen. I was very tempted at first but I'm glad I had second thoughts.

If the price was right, i would still buy it, knowing it is a fantasy/reproduction item.

I like the way this looks with the Standarte on it , and all.

Brian

Remarkable to think that someone regards it financially worthwhile to fake such a low value item as a stamped light gauge metal, events badge - however this and in my opinion is what we have here.

The SS association of course !!

Even though the badge appears within the well respected Tieste reference works, there are now just too many experienced collectors saying that this is a fantasy item, toward which I agree.

By the way and on the one shown, the specific shape of the holding device to the pin immediately sets alarm bells ringing.

Regards,

David

?

Quote by David North View Post
    Remarkable to think that someone regards it financially worthwhile to fake such a low value item as a stamped light gauge metal, events badge - however this and in my opinion is what we have here.

The SS association of course !!

Even though the badge appears within the well respected Tieste reference works, there are now just too many experienced collectors saying that this is a fantasy item, toward which I agree.

By the way and on the one shown, the specific shape of the holding device to the pin immediately sets alarm bells ringing.

Regards,

David
    I have come across so many items that fit this category of low value fakes.
    It does make you wonder who goes through the trouble of producing these items for such a small financial gain. I suppose if you produce a die that can strike them out in quantity you can make money in volume. Also the fact that tinnies are so numerous and varied in details makes it easier to fool peole. I constantly run across tinnies I've never seen before. Thanks for all the info.

?

Interestingly enough I found one listed in Ron Manion's German Military Collectibles Price Guide. While I understand that the prices in this reference book are outdated I would expect there to be no fantasy pieces listed. Any thoughts ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Gautag München Tinnie  

Default S.S. Gautag München

I am not going to back track on what I said earlier and my main argument still stands that there are just too many experienced and long standing pin collectors now saying fantasy, to myself to really feel comfortable about this chap. What really surprises me though is that this so called fantasy Gau "day badge" has apparently been around for many, many years and until recently has quietly kept its head below the parapet. As such, gradually being absorbed into collections, occasionally sold by dealers, appearing in reference works, etc. I still find it very hard to believe that someone and again many years ago, manufactured the expensive tools to produce by die stamping a fantasy badge (based incidentally on an original Weimar Gautag). It is a Gautag badge for goodness sake. Copy an original - yes, however to start from scratch many years ago as has been suggested - is almost beyond belief.

Regards,

David

Default Re: S.S. Gautag München

Not no expert at all, but looks too new to me, I could be wrong? I started collecting SA tinnies, buying them from Germany, so far, I have been completely satisfied, but their are some decent dealers out there, warbooty from NY & Craigs & Bill Shea, only my opinion....Joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast