Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stick Pins 16mm - an assortment

Article about: Here are three 16mm Stick pins I picked up this weekend. I like these bigger 16mm versions better. And am trying to get as many as I can to match with the medals I have. 1) WW1 wound badge i

MAP
    ?

Default Stick Pins 16mm - an assortment

Here are three 16mm Stick pins I picked up this weekend.

I like these bigger 16mm versions better. And am trying to get as many as I can to match with the medals I have.

1) WW1 wound badge in silver
    2) WWII General Assault Badge in silver
    3) WWII Frontflugspange (Front Flying Clasp) for Air to Ground Support Fighters

I've never even seen the Flugspange medal before so had to grab this anyway. While smaller it is roughly 16mm across.

Very hard to photograph these. They are much more minty in hand. The zoom really makes them look bad.

And also I have now completed the set - GAB, PAB and IAB

Hope you enjoy

Michael

Stick Pins 16mm - an assortmentStick Pins 16mm - an assortmentStick Pins 16mm - an assortmentStick Pins 16mm - an assortmentStick Pins 16mm - an assortmentStick Pins 16mm - an assortmentStick Pins 16mm - an assortment
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stick Pins 16mm - an assortment
    P
    Many

Nice little pins - Love that tank badge.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

MAP
    ?

Yeah, she's a beaut! It's nice to have all three too. Now to get them in bronze....

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Here is a closer pic of the PAB.

I was offered a PAB for 50€... I thought the price was high so I passed!! On the other hand I have no idea on such things prices so I may have done a huge mistake! My I ask what the price for such items is?

ps You have a very nice collection there sir. I only have a LAH and a Stalingrad cross both most certainly fakes

MAP
    ?

These are not cheap (for their size). They are sought after by a lot of people who would like to pair them up with the actual badge.

Also they come in two sizes, I think 9mm and 16mm. there were probably other sizes but not aware of them

It also depends on the subject matter. Ek or black wound badge stick pins are very common, where others like the flugspang above are not.

I would say the 50 Euro is a fair price for a PAB. I got mine in a bundle but would estimate it was in that range.

Thank you for your answer MAP!! I might rethink about this miniature!!

MAP
    ?

Anytime. These are just my opinions on price. Others may differ. The PAB's are much desired so I would think even USD 80 is common.

The only downside of these are that they are so small they are hard to appreciate. But you could get dozens of these and they take up the space of one or two normal sized badges. I think I have 15 or 20 so far.

They are also faked so be careful.

Michael

Quote by MAP View Post
    Here is a closer pic of the PAB.

Hi Mike,

That'a a nice 16mm PAB 'mini' that's defined as being a Type IV that is clearly based on the BH Mayer PAB design. There are three variants, 'A', 'B' and 'C'. The one you show is a type 'A' and is assumed the earliest as the pin was directly soldered onto the reverse before a small round baseplate was added later on. All the assumed later type 'B' badges have the baseplate exclusively, and can be easily differentiated from the type 'A' design by having a less rounded eagles head and a 'beard' of excess material below a more pronounced beak.

The type 'C' is known by a single example that has a less well defined cut out area around the cupola and barrel and is marked L/13 for Paul Meybauer, it also utilises a small round baseplate to secure the pin to the badge.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

very nice,great idea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast