Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

swastika ring question

Article about: Hello friends, I am fairly new to this forum(very impressive place) and a fairly new to this field. I cam across these two rings and a Soldbuch with some misc papers. Hopefully these picture

Default swastika ring question

Hello friends,

I am fairly new to this forum(very impressive place) and a fairly new to this field. I cam across these two rings and a Soldbuch with some misc papers. Hopefully these pictures will upload and post. i was wondering if anyone new anything about these rings. they both appear to be silver, the only markings I see are inside the swastika ring and it looks like either a 800 or 600 stamped in(very small and hard to see). The second ring has a glass or crystal looking stone in it. they came with the Soldbuch and seem to be about the same size. The soldier in the book is about my size in height wt etc and the rings seem to fit me rather nicely.
    I've tried unseuccesfully to find anything on the web like these rings. Most searches reveal ss rings that are fake or repo's, very frustrating.
    anyway, id love to pick your brains about these items and others that I have in my collection.

oh and as far as the soilder, is there a way to find if, when and where he died? I don't speak or read German and have been trying to understand this paper work i ahve on the soilder, there was a bunch of papers stored in the back of the Soldbuch. I've been using some ipad apps but its not easy when its hard to make out the script.

Thanks,

Lenny

swastika ring questionswastika ring questionswastika ring questionswastika ring questionswastika ring questionswastika ring questionswastika ring questionswastika ring questionswastika ring questionswastika ring questionswastika ring question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement swastika ring question
    P
    Many

Default Re: swastika ring question

looks good to me i like the swastika ring i think it is original and nice paper work

Lenny-
    Welcome to the Forum. The paperwork is an urkunde or award document for the wound badge in black. It was common for soldiers to carry their urkunde in their soldbuch. There will be an entry listing his medals and decorations and date of awards. Their will also be a list of battles in which he was engaged and equipment he was issued. I cannot offer an opinion on the ring as the photos are not detailed enough.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Actually, the Swastika ring looks fairly good. It has the period style construction-as does the nice looking agate ring and has been resized at one time or another. I think that both rings have a pretty decent chance of being period rings.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

He isn't listed in the Volksbund as KIA , i suggest you post the paperwork in the paperwork section and we can discuss them further , staright up photos please !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks Guys for the extremely fast responses. And its nice to hear some positive comments about the rings being authentic. Any ideas on value? not that i would sell them, i seem to feel that as I get into this hobby more I won't be selling as much as buying.
    Other than this amazing forum, are there any other suggested online guides or websites about this stuff? I'm trying to learn as much as i can about the branches of service, ranks etc. and what the different uniforms, medal etc. look like.

I'm posting pictures of the different paperwork that came with this Soldbuch under the paperwork section.

one more thing if I may, this small pin was also in with this stuff. any ideas on what it is and if its German?

swastika ring question

thanks again everyone,

Lenny

?

Regards,
    John

A cloth version of the ruptured duck was sewn over the right breast pocket of the uniform of discarged American servicemen. This allowed them to wear the uniform up to 30 days after discharge. Your pin was intended to be worn in the lapel of a suit jacket indicating the wearer was a discharged veteran. The war was still on with Japan and these kept veterans from being attacked for being a shirker during the war. My uncle had a job in manufacturing that did not allow him to be drafted. One night while having a beer in the neighborhood tavern, a drunk sucker punched him from behind telling him he should be in the service.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Valuewise on the rings, I wouldn't go car shopping just yet...but the Swastika ring is still collectable. If it were in perfect condition, it would be selling in the $200 to 300 range, but with the damage to the enamel that it has, realistically it's probably more in the $100-150 category now. The nice agate ring? It's just a decent vintage Silver ring, is all-maybe $60-70 dollars?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."