Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Todt Gorget

Article about: This one is not good. Reproduction. The real ones have no flat part for the chain, but running into a tip.

?

Default Todt Gorget

This is the last item a friend has been offered in a grouping . anybody seen one of these before. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Todt Gorget   Todt Gorget  

Todt Gorget  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Todt Gorget
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Todt Gorget

I am no expert on these, but... The chain looks like the chain you flush the toilet with on the old models. Gorgets are normally very nicely made and this is not. To me it looks odd. I have a nice NSDAP gorget and other gorgets i have seen have some very nice chains. Let's see what other members say I might be totally off but i can't see why Todt should have a simple printed gorget. It does not look curved(for fitting the chest) or having felt backing etc.

Regards, Lars

?

No Lars it is not curved and is porcelain on metal I've been looking on line and cant find it :-{

?

Nice so is this a real one or a repo that's the ?

Not a good one, but fine from far...Because the chain is in a cheap material!

?

Chain is no good if we compare to the one on Manion's. If you take a close look at the eagles feet you will also be able to see a difference. On the right foot. Left when looking at the pic.

Regards, Lars

There were fakes of this gorget made in the very early 1970's in England. personally, I do not know the difference between the good and the bad. The chain is definitely bad and I suspect the gorget is also as it shows absolutely no wear. This is not always a good criteria asunissued or unused pieces can look like this. Hopefully, Mr. Saris may chime in on this piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Looks like something you would hang on a toilet door! rather than wear ............... hang on, THATS IT!!!!
    the executive TODT toilet sign ....... of course!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I just talked to my buddy this piece dis not come on the lot of crap he has been offered . He already owns this . He told me he bought this off a vet the vet put the chain on it to hang it on the wall. He also told me when he bought it it was covered in years of smoke.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast