Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Traded case of beer for Volkssturm armband,good deal?

Article about: Was over at a friends house,he ran out of beer.Said go buy me a case of Bush Lite and I will give you this armband.I said ok works for me.Hes a handyman and does work for older people,comes

Default Traded case of beer for Volkssturm armband,good deal?

Was over at a friends house,he ran out of beer.Said go buy me a case of Bush Lite and I will give you this armband.I said ok works for me.Hes a handyman and does work for older people,comes up with all kinds of stuff from talking to them.He knows I like this stuff.Still has black thread attached where it was sewn to a shirt or coat sleeve,kind of a neat piece of history,now dont tell me its a fake,ha! The beer was on sale at HY VEE for 14.99.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Traded case of beer for Volkssturm armband,good deal?   Traded case of beer for Volkssturm armband,good deal?  

Traded case of beer for Volkssturm armband,good deal?   Traded case of beer for Volkssturm armband,good deal?  

Traded case of beer for Volkssturm armband,good deal?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Traded case of beer for Volkssturm armband,good deal?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A tunic removed example to me adds more value than the unissued examples we see that are so common.

My example has much larger red borders on the top and bottom but I think this is a good one as I've see other variations of these. Others should be able to confirm (or a quick search of the forum).

As such, I think you should have bought him a case of Ommegang.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A very funny thread TC. Is that what they are getting these days for Bush Lite ? The thought of chugging down even one of those, I may have to reach for my bottle of Tums.
    D.

D. that's what he wanted,its all he drinks and its the largest selling beer in the US,go figure ,must be the price,ha!!Map,hope its good,sure looks period to me.At least the vet that took it off didn't cut into armband,I could remove the thread to make it look better but like you say I think it adds something.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    ....Map,hope its good,sure looks period to me.At least the vet that took it off didn't cut into armband,I could remove the thread to make it look better but like you say I think it adds something....
    Oh...no...never remove the thread! That's like cleaning the cob webs out of a helmet (and giving David a mini heart attack in the process)

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Good news is, you got a good deal on the armband...bad news is, you way overpaid for Bush Lite

Coors extra Gold if you have constipation

@ TC...a great example and I echo Michaels thoughts

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks guys! I quess you cant under pay for Busch Lite!Glad to hear armband is good,anyone know when these armbands started to appear,most think they are late war,1945 era.
    Last edited by Toecutter; 04-30-2019 at 10:53 PM.

MAP
    ?

I think the Volksstrum was created in late 1944. So I would guess sometime after that....

Thanks Map!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast