Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Unidentified german pin

Article about: I put the title as a german pin because I can't verify its from the Reich period. Any help with identification is greatly appreciated.

Default Unidentified german pin

Unidentified german pin
    Unidentified german pin

I put the title as a german pin because I can't verify its from the Reich period. Any help with identification is greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unidentified german pin
    P
    Many

It appears to be a souvenir pin from a spa or guest house near Berchtesgarden. I am going to guess it is a post war item that one would wear on a jacket or cap. Common to see them on caps like the one in the attached photo. NH

Unidentified german pin

The inscription translates as "TO THE FAITHFHUL GUEST / SPA ADMINISTRATION RAMSAU". Ramsau is a spa town in the Berchtesgaden county in Bavaria. This would have been presented as a sign of appreciation to those who regularly went there for their holidays/spa cures over the years, so it's slightly above a mere tourists' souvenir, but of course still nothing in the nature of a proper award or decoration.

Thank you guys as always. It answers the question of whether or not it belongs with the others in my display case. Trying to keep it Reich period.

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Thank you guys as always. It answers the question of whether or not it belongs with the others in my display case. Trying to keep it Reich period.
    For what it's worth, Ramsau is just 30 minutes or so away from the Obersalzberg...

Unidentified german pin

- - ------- - -

I need to check and see how long that place has been in business next.

I spy two more post-war pieces there: The "DRL-without-Swastika" Sports Badge and the white Kyffhäuserbund cross.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I spy two more post-war pieces there: The "DRL-without-Swastika" Sports Badge and the white Kyffhäuserbund cross.
    I believe there is also a mini "DRL-without-swastika", as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Uh oh.. Thanks guys I will remove them.

The older secondary literature describes those sports badges as a transitional model between the "DRA" and the "DRL-with-Swastika" badges, but that's a myth. They are from the early post-war period. Stil, they are collectable in their own right:

Post-war DRL Reichssportabzeichen

(Incidentally: Hey, it's my 7,000th post!)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 08-23-2018 at 09:33 PM.