Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown Buttons

Article about: Thanks for all the help guys! I'll try getting the F.W. Assmann sales catalogue reprint thanks wwmilitaria!

Default Unknown Buttons

I just picked up five buttons at an auction. I bought a big box of WWII stuff at a local estate sale. There was a box of US rations and some US .45 pouches and a German canteen with no felt cover. The auctioneer said there was more WWII stuff so I waited because the canteen made me think there would be more Germgn items. Luckily I stayed and got a bag containing several nice US captains bars but more importantly a set of Luftwaffe Flak collar tabs and five buttons. One is the edelweiss button that I know is private purchase and sometimes worn on hats and with shoulder boards. The other is totally off the wall and made by the same company as the edelweiss it is alloy and is an eagle with drooped wings looking left holding a swastika but he has a diamond shaped chest with five or six distinct feathers very strange. The other three look like NSDAP buttons on the back but the fronts are smooth brass not pebbled and have an eagle holding the swastika in the wreath and also looking left. I assumed they were police or postal service or railway service buttons but can't find anything. I am at work and I just got everything Thursday so I will take photos tonight and post them asap. If anyone knows what they are let me know. I would have thought hey were fake if I had not gotten them myself and seen the really nice quality of WWII stuff that sold. Including a great Italian bayonet and Pal fighting knife which i drove all the way there for but didnt get...damn!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown Buttons
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unknown Buttons

Here are the photos...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Buttons   Unknown Buttons  

Unknown Buttons   Unknown Buttons  

Unknown Buttons  

I like Captains bars and these buttons a lot better than a Pal RH36 !
    Were the bars sterling ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I like Captains bars and these buttons a lot better than a Pal RH36 !
    Were the bars sterling ?
    They were a nice set of "Acid Test" bars with some nice sterling marked smooth pin backs. I probably only have two or three pin backs that are marked sterling but I have four more now! Any ideas on the buttons???

Here is my box of goodies! I also got a strange canteen cup...It probably isnt that strange but I have just started collecting German items so I'm still learning.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown Buttons   Unknown Buttons  

Unknown Buttons  

Quote by soalebm View Post
    They were a nice set of "Acid Test" bars with some nice sterling marked smooth pin backs. I probably only have two or three pin backs that are marked sterling but I have four more now! Any ideas on the buttons???
    I have a few Captains bars as well....

The buttons I don't know, but they are nice.
    Maybe the 'gold' one is for a political leader greatcoat ?

That is a great box of goodies !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

First button is for the Eastern Peoples(RMBO) tunic .

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

To be entirely correct: the first button is a Reichsbeamten button. Those were worn on uniforms of government officials on Reich-level - so not only by the RMBO. The gold button with eagle and ridge could be for jurisdicial officials (not 100% sure). the edelweiß button may just be something of a fashion button.
    I reccomend getting the F.W. Assmann sales catalogue reprint by Reddick Enterprises. It's really a good source.

I do like the buttons!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hello Soalebm,
    The first one is a button for the administration (RMBO).
    ASPHM - Fonctionnaire du Reichministerium dans les territoires occup?s de l'est
    The second were worn by the deutche Reichsbahn members.
    Cédric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast