Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Unknown - Schwäbische Ski Meisterschaft Tinnie

Article about: Bought this Schwäbische Ski Championship badge, have not found it in Thieste's catolgue or any other connected to this event, wonder if its a one off badge (it has no year date) usually thes

?

Default Unknown - Schwäbische Ski Meisterschaft Tinnie

Bought this Schwäbische Ski Championship badge, have not found it in Thieste's catolgue or any other connected to this event, wonder if its a one off badge (it has no year date) usually these type of championships are a yearly held event. Perhaps a competitors or visitors badge. Do members know of other tinnies connected with Schwäbische Ski Championships. Information welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski 1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	218765  
    Last edited by AlecH; 07-07-2011 at 04:22 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unknown - Schwäbische Ski Meisterschaft Tinnie

nice one,,,thanks for posting

Hi Alec, the only related tinnie I could find in Tieste, was a Kleinwalsertal (00-01), also no year, but also a skiing badge. Maybe it will be in the 2014 edition?

?

MM,PM, Here's a picture of the badge back, maker C.Poellath, Schrobenhausen. Thinking things over, its surprising considering Schwaben covers such a large area of South-West Bavaria with a number of fair-sized cities that the ski championship must have had a large number of competitors and spectators along with the accompanying badges. However so few of these badges have come to light. I've only found one other on offer, at a american site Germanwarbooty.com, I think a little over-priced at $125. I did run a check through google, these championships still take place today.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	220381  

Hi Alec

Just because it's not in Tieste doesn't mean it's not a pre-1945 item! But $125 does seem like a lot of money.