Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown - Schwäbische Ski Meisterschaft Tinnie

Article about: Bought this Schwäbische Ski Championship badge, have not found it in Thieste's catolgue or any other connected to this event, wonder if its a one off badge (it has no year date) usually thes

?

Default Unknown - Schwäbische Ski Meisterschaft Tinnie

Bought this Schwäbische Ski Championship badge, have not found it in Thieste's catolgue or any other connected to this event, wonder if its a one off badge (it has no year date) usually these type of championships are a yearly held event. Perhaps a competitors or visitors badge. Do members know of other tinnies connected with Schwäbische Ski Championships. Information welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown - Schwäbische Ski Meisterschaft Tinnie  
    Last edited by AlecH; 07-07-2011 at 03:22 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown - Schwäbische Ski Meisterschaft Tinnie
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unknown - Schwäbische Ski Meisterschaft Tinnie

nice one,,,thanks for posting

Hi Alec, the only related tinnie I could find in Tieste, was a Kleinwalsertal (00-01), also no year, but also a skiing badge. Maybe it will be in the 2014 edition?

?

MM,PM, Here's a picture of the badge back, maker C.Poellath, Schrobenhausen. Thinking things over, its surprising considering Schwaben covers such a large area of South-West Bavaria with a number of fair-sized cities that the ski championship must have had a large number of competitors and spectators along with the accompanying badges. However so few of these badges have come to light. I've only found one other on offer, at a american site Germanwarbooty.com, I think a little over-priced at $125. I did run a check through google, these championships still take place today.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown - Schwäbische Ski Meisterschaft Tinnie  

Hi Alec

Just because it's not in Tieste doesn't mean it's not a pre-1945 item! But $125 does seem like a lot of money.