Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

unknown visorcap pekuro

Article about: hi guys i found this today on an auctionsite she asks 30 euros and i have a hunch its original but you are the experts here so i ask for your expertise on this subject regards DS

Default unknown visorcap pekuro

unknown visorcap pekurounknown visorcap pekuro hi guys i found this today on an auctionsite she asks 30 euros and i have a hunch its original but you are the experts here so i ask for your expertise on this subject regards DS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unknown visorcap pekuro
    P
    Many

it looks to fancy to be a ddr doesnt it? but perhaps it is i, read that the grey peak is an alarmbell right there and the green chincord looks alot like an east german police cord

Your cap is an FRG type for police of forestry or Schuetzen and more or less from the 1970s onward, until the 1980s or so. I think.

Also, a knowledge of German geography will indicate that Wuppertal Ronsdorf was not the in the DDR. Wuppertal is east of Cologne. Cologne is on the most German of rivers, the Rhine, in the West.

unknown visorcap pekurounknown visorcap pekurounknown visorcap pekurounknown visorcap pekurounknown visorcap pekurounknown visorcap pekurounknown visorcap pekurounknown visorcap pekuroThis cap came from Munich in 1936 or 1937, more likely the latter.

ok so its postwar no doubt then? because it looks so fancy and all ddr caps i have seen has been well mediocre at best it had the velvet thing and double piping i thought that only ww2 era and pre ww2 used double piping but i just want to know that its not a war era cap because if its not im not buying it regards DS

You can be certain it is West German from the 1970s or 1980s. One of my friends is a FRG Navy officer and gave me a cap of his with an identical lining.

Mr. Mint has arranged a survey of these things in detail somewhere here. If I find it, I shall attach it.

DDR caps are quite different, and after the 1960s, tend not to have maker marks, i..e. logos of firms and such.

Sorry to disappoint.

And, of course, from the 1950s on, FRG made caps have more and more plastics in them, versus whatever materials were used prior to 1945.

unknown visorcap pekurounknown visorcap pekuroKupper was a vendor to the NSDAP from a very early date, but the Kupper caps of the 1930s are quite distinct. I can show those to you, too, when I am awake.

The sweat shield is a soft pliable material which is a sure sign of post war manufacture. Third Reich caps had a very rigid material.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Hello DS pzkpfwIII,
    bit late for an answer, I know, but I just happened to stumble over the thread. I own such a cap with badges, it is a Bayerische Landpolizei cap (Bavarian rural police) and looks like that: Polizeihistorische Sammlung - Bayern 1965-74
    (You have to scroll down a bit.)