Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?

Article about: by Wagriff In general, as a rule of thumb, I view most anything with these ubiquitous ink stamps as suspicious. A good point. However, period pieces do exist with Eigentum stamps. My first p

Default Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?

THIS ARM BAND HAS THE NSDAP STAMP MARKED HAMBURG ALTONA ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE OVERLYING THE WHITE CIRCLE WHICH CONTAINS THE HAKEN KREUZ.
    I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS ON AN ANY GERMAN ARMBANDS BEFORE.
    WHY WOULD EVEN A FAKER BE SO BOLD.
    it has been previously suggested that this could be a salesman sample.
    ALSO IS THE ARM BAND NSDAP AND WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE FADED GOLD STRIPE ON THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF THE BAND? IS A RANK MARKING.
    YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?   Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?  

Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?   Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?

It is a SA Reserve members armband not sure why it has the stamp.
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Default Re: Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?

Good original armband. Eric is correct. The stamp is there to confirm it is the property of that unit.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I am not sure what to think of this kampfbinde. I have never seen the ribbed gray trim on period examples. The ribbed material is standard on SS pieces. Attached is a picture of a period SA reserve kampfbinde.Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?
    Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I am not sure what to think of this kampfbinde. I have never seen the ribbed gray trim on period examples. The ribbed material is standard on SS pieces. Attached is a picture of a period SA reserve kampfbinde.Unusual armband with nsdap acceptance stamp overlaying the nazi cross ?

Yes now that you say that Bob I know what you are talking about but looks period done to me.

This is what I have found may be it is bad too?
    Both have differnt stamps this one looks to have NSFK stamp on it?
    Eric
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 11-26-2011 at 06:53 AM.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I was hesitant to label the kampfbinde that this thread began with as a fake. I have no doubt that there are many things in this field of endeavor that I have yet to see. From the photographs of both pieces, the construction, except for the gray ribbed tape, appears to be normal for the period. The SA reserve Sturms were mainly early formed units. The majority were changed in status to active as the war depleted manpower. It is possible that the ribbed tape is a later construction modification. Eric's NSFK stamped piece could validate that idea as it is a later formed organization. However, I have never heard of reserve NSFK units or the use of these form kampfbinde by the NSFK. It is also possible that it is a manufacturer's variation. Due to RZM controls, this is less likely. It is also possible these are period pieces post war modified to make them more valuable.
    At times, there are some items that can not be conclusively judged from photos alone.
    BOB

a dealer verified its authenticity and placed a value on it of $75 retail.

[QUOTE=britrecko;448046]a dealer verified its authenticity and placed a value on it of $75 retail.[/QUOTE
    If genuine, that is a low ball estimate. The wear of these was discontinued in the 30's. I still have my doubts.
    BOB

NSDAP SS/SA Armband!!

This thread confirms my thoughts that this piece is a total fake.
    BOB

In general, as a rule of thumb, I view most anything with these ubiquitous ink stamps as suspicious.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast