Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Volkssturm Armbinde

Article about: Another Volkssturm for review. Currently at auction. Just wondering on the Gau stamp on the reverse of this band. Gau 9 - I believe was "Hamburg" ? It's the rest the I would be int

Default Volkssturm Armbinde

Another Volkssturm for review. Currently at auction. Just wondering on the Gau stamp on the reverse of this band.
    Gau 9 - I believe was "Hamburg" ? It's the rest the I would be interested to know what or where the 2nd Kompanie and the 16th
    Battalion where located. Your help is much appreciated.
    Reagrds

Detlef

Volkssturm ArmbindeVolkssturm ArmbindeVolkssturm Armbinde

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volkssturm Armbinde
    P
    Many

I have never encountered an armband with an eigentum stamp on the reverse. The purpose of the stamp was for it to be visible. Further, I have never encountered a Volksturm armband with such a stamp. I would proceed with caution .
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I have never encountered an armband with an eigentum stamp on the reverse. The purpose of the stamp was for it to be visible. Further, I have never encountered a Volksturm armband with such a stamp. I would proceed with caution .
    Hurra!

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Sage wisdom Mr. Coleman! Hope your weekend is well sir. Great weather in the Midwest for sure! Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

In the last ditch of November 1944 onward, one hardly thinks that these units had the time to have their own stamps made and to label the brassards....Volkssturm ArmbindeVolkssturm Armbinde

You see here the Adlon fallen on hard times. It took a great while for it to return.Volkssturm Armbinde

I would echo Bob's sage advice. I have never seen one with a stamp either.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you gents for all your replies.
    Very much appreciated

CBH
    ?

I believe many items were Doctored Up with fake stamps in the past. Even original items in some cases.
    This would only decrease the value to a true collector, Lip Stick on a Pig as it where.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    In the last ditch of November 1944 onward, one hardly thinks that these units had the time to have their own stamps made and to label the brassards...
    could not agree more with this statement.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)