Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WehrWirtschaftFuhrer Abzeichen

Article about: Hello All, A friend asked me about one of these badges so as this seems to be the correct forum I thought I would start a thread featuring one of these not too common badges. This particular

Hi Matt,
    I think the case is a red carton. It is mentioned in the Detlev Niemann catalogue.
    I'm out and about at the moment but I have popped a couple of links for the WWF badges that are on E Medals.
    They mention one that is stamped for B&NL but in my opinion this is a reproduction as far as I am aware the only accepted badges are the one that I show and the aluminium example.

Defence Economy Leader Decoration | eMedals
    $1250

This is the one I think is a reproduction:
    A Scarce German Defense Economy Leader's Badge by Funcke &a | eMedals
    $1350

I was asked by a famous copier over here in the UK if I was prepared to lend my badge to him so that he could do some moulds but I declined.
    Like you I think the badge is so under rated (and underpriced) considering the important individuals it was bestowed upon.

All the best
    Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WehrWirtschaftFuhrer Abzeichen
    P
    Many

I think you're right in respect to your second link- not something I would consider adding to my collection.

It's refreshing to know that there is still someone who resists the urges to re-manufacture any decorations of the period but as you can see by your second link, that badge too, fell victim to the almighty $. Luckily for us, it's probably one of the hardest badges to fake with any serious level of accuracy.

cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,
    I have attached a couple of pictures from the Niemann catalogue that shows the two variations of the hardware on the WWF badge.
    I know this may be dated now but I am sure because of the rarity of the badge it is fairly definitive.
    Note he mentions a paper (so I assume a red cardboard carton) carton as the box for the badge.

As far as reproductions go I don't mind buying the reproduction boxes to keep the awards safe and secure in.
    There is a manufacturer up in Birmingham (here in GB) who may do a box on request.
    So I may go down the route of having one done perhaps with a needle pin holder on the side (much like the Blockade breaker set).
    I just need the civilian pin to go with my badge!!!

All the best
    Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WehrWirtschaftFuhrer Abzeichen   WehrWirtschaftFuhrer Abzeichen  

Here is the type of box Niemann mentions in his catalogue. Although the book itself is getting dated, the info on WWF badges remains very much up to date with the exception of the metal composition information for both full size badges and their miniatures. As already mentioned the full size are constructed out of cupal rather than plain aluminum while the miniatures are unmarked tombak and nickel alloy (white metal)- I am yet to see any made out of silver and marked as such (including the one pictured in his catalog).
    Picture credit: HH.

cheers

Matt

There are at least three different types of documents that accompanied those badges when awarded. Here are two of them for reference.
    Picture credit H.Weitze.

cheers

Matt

Thanks Matt,
    great couple of posts there.

The box doesn't convince me. I know the badge is in near mint condition but the box would have some wear somewhere.
    It is just too good to be true.
    At least it gives me some idea what I am looking for but I am sure there would be a place for the civilian mini award to be placed.

The two issue documents are particularly interesting. I like the one with the embossed stamp in the lower left. The one with the Luftwaffe eagle seems generic.
    Where these awards so freely given that you would have documents printed in anticipation of an award where the recipient details were then filled in?

THis could get to be a big research area.

All the best
    Doug

The fact that the box as posted above is identical to a Wound Badge case might point in the direction of replacement box.
    Whatever the case it came with- I would not be 100% positive that the mini was awarded with its full size counterpart, not in the same box anyways. Personally, I am leaning towards a separate container for the mini.

cheers

Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2