Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

werkschutz cufftitle

Article about: I cant find anything much on this cufftitle. I know it is in less than good shape as it is supposed to be a tunic removed piece. I tried to find something to help with authenticity but could

Thumbs up werkschutz cufftitle

I cant find anything much on this cufftitle. I know it is in less than good shape as it is supposed to be a tunic removed piece. I tried to find something to help with authenticity but couldnt so I ask if this is a good piece
    thanks
    john

werkschutz cufftitlewerkschutz cufftitlewerkschutz cufftitlewerkschutz cufftitle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement werkschutz cufftitle
    P
    Many

I didn't know factory guards wore cuff titles - maybe a company produced one?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

It is certainly an original period piece. The carmine color would lead me to believe it was worn by a factory fireman.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

In my opinion the carmine color has nothing to do with fireman, but has to do with the in late 1937
    chosen color for example for the piping (karmesinrot paspeliert), color of the lanyard etc. for
    the Werksicherheits-uniform (Werkschutz der Luftfahrtbetriebe).

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    In my opinion the carmine color has nothing to do with fireman, but has to do with the in late 1937
    chosen color for example for the piping (karmesinrot paspeliert), color of the lanyard etc. for
    the Werksicherheits-uniform (Werkschutz der Luftfahrtbetriebe).
    As usual, my conjecture was incorrect and I bow to and thank Wim for his post.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Bob, no problem. Not much people have seen the one or the other regulation about it.
    As there are many forms of insignia out there, it is my guess that most concerns hardly
    did care for that and introduced whatever they thought would be okay.
    This is known from wartime photographs where all kinds of symbols for concerns still were
    in use (even this was abolished in late 1937). There were various orders that said the new
    uniform was delayed and again delayed. There is a lot of stuff which is according what was
    regulated and maybe twice as much (or more) which was not at all according to regs!

Although it is obviously not possible to tell the color from a B&W image, here is a photograph showing a Werkschutz cuff title that might just be the one in question.

(I don't own this original photograph; the picture was saved from the net for personal reference).

werkschutz cufftitle

like it must be a rare item.

Hello HPL2008,

I have seen this very nice photo.
    The cuffband could be as shown. He is wearing the appropriate cap eagle, arm insignia and chevron.
    Also the color for the visored cap could be the color as announced in the regulation. The tunic and pants
    are obviously not in that color and so it might be a deviation from the related concern. A pity we can't
    see the collar patch symbol.
    It is further obvious he also wears a lanyard in a different color as the cuffband, but that is possible, due
    to a different manufacturer. Officially this should be crimson.

Thanks for reminding me the photo.