Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What do you think about this NSDAP Tunic and Breeches set?...

Article about: by dzyner Thanks Pammy! Yes, if I end up purcahing the set I'll likey buy the remaining items; cap, belt (may already have a belt I can use), boots, etc. Can you tell whether or not the butt

Default Re: What do you think about this NSDAP Tunic and Breeches set?...

Quote by dzyner View Post
    Thanks Pammy!

Yes, if I end up purcahing the set I'll likey buy the remaining items; cap, belt (may already have a belt I can use), boots, etc.

Can you tell whether or not the buttons have been re-sewn? I assume the thread is not supposed to be pink?

Also, one of the tunic photos I originally posted is a close up of the collar...can you tell from the photo whether or not this tunic even HAD collar tabs originally? Maybe the seller is mistaken. He didn't sound complete sure of himself; perhaps he acquired them this way and is only assuming.
    Possibly this tunic was stripped and put back together. the buttons are fairly common. I would check the buttons to ensure they all have the same RZM code. This tunic would definitely have had collar insignia indicating the owner's rank. I would suggest blacklighting the thread to determine if modern materials were used to attach the buttons and kampfbinde.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

yeah,bob is right as check all bottons to see if all have the same mark on the back .it looks from the picture as at least one was re-atached wich is ok as long as bob said they are all correct.from the pictures its hard for me anyway to tell abought the tabs but if you can get it a little cheaper i think it would be worth it.bob knows way more then me as its just my opinion as you have to know these political tunics can be found a lot and take your time on it as you have to think abought if you had to resell it as the buttons are no big thing but when you add tabs or pipping then its a put together tunic .if it was me try to get it cheap as possibal then you should be ok.good luck on it and thanks for showing it.!take care

?

Bob, what are your thoughts about $800 max for this set? Is that a fair price assuming the button(s) were reattached, and are not all matching? I've seen the Breeches online for around $300 (avg), and the ones here seem to me in fantastic condition. But the tunic is more difficult to research without the tabs.

Also, wound this tunic have had piping around the collar originally as well?

I think the price is a little high due to the problems this piece have. as there is no collar piping, this is possibly an unissued uniform. my thoughts would be to wait for a nice untouched set. put together will always be just that.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks for the thoughts and opinions guys. I did end up passing on this set. Looking a little more closely at the photos of the tunic I noticed what appears to be signs that it may have been put through the washing machine as well. If you look closely at the shot of the tunic laid out over the table, as well as the close shot of the armband, you can see "piling" of thread consistent with something that has been through a washing machine. Would you agree, or is this something you've seen before as normal?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12