Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What kinds of German pendants have I bought?

Article about: Hi folks, A neighbour popped by an hour ago, selling me two german pendants. Attaching photo. The left pendant "German Empire", with Hitler-profile (young version of the fuhrer) -

Sandhero
    ?

Default What kinds of German pendants have I bought?

Hi folks,

A neighbour popped by an hour ago, selling me two german pendants. Attaching photo.

The left pendant "German Empire", with Hitler-profile (young version of the fuhrer) - "Adof Hitler" engraved on the left side of the head, has a chain of apx 22 cm. Providing it's an original chain, and not meant for a womans neck, it is perhaps intended for a child?

The other pendant has no marks or stamps. No chain.

Both seem to be silver, but seeing there are no stamps what so ever it's hard to tell. They haven't really turned any darker by oxidation, which perhaps indicates it's not silver?

Does anybody have any information regarding these two pieces? I am mosty interested in the Hitler-profile pendant. Can they be fake? If they are genuine, what value are we talking? Tnx.

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kinds of German pendants have I bought?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: What kinds of German pendants have I bought?

Hi welcome to the forum, i cant really comment on the originality of the pendant with Hitlers head however the pendant with the swastika is not necessarily third reich. the swastika was prior to WW2 often worn and used as a symbol of good luck by peoples of many nations including the UK and Usa

NS Sympathizer/Patriotic Items...These should go for less than $50.00, in my opinion...Robin is correct about the Swastika being a popular symbol in the US well into the 1930s...others may disagree with my assessment...
    cheers, Glenn

I agree with Robin Morley on these items.

Sandhero
    ?

Hi. Tnx for welcoming. Good info. I suppose the background colors (flag) of the Hitler face item indicates it's dated pre-war - providing it's genuine of course. 50 bucks if of course a little less than anticipated, but I paid 20 for both them so it's still on the right side.